Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say hello to everyone as I am a Benzworld Newby. Last week I took out my interior to do some custom work, the next day I tried to start the car and my battery was totally dead (wouldn't even unlock the steering wheel) due to my lighted door sills. I charged it and everything seemed fine until the next morning the battery was dead again so i figured the battery was destroyed but just for kicks I tested the current draw and there is a 1.31 amp draw on the battery. I pulled fuses while watching the meter and there where no big changes in the amp draw. I called my dealer and the service advisor said that more than likely it was the "rear SAM" unit. Anybody else every have this problem?
Oh yeah I guess my car info would be a good thing to add, it's an 01 C320, Thanks for the help

OOPS I just realized I posted in the wrong forum

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
CarNutzJay - 2/16/2005 12:19 AM

First off I would like to say hello to everyone as I am a Benzworld Newby. Last week I took out my interior to do some custom work, the next day I tried to start the car and my battery was totally dead (wouldn't even unlock the steering wheel) due to my lighted door sills. I charged it and everything seemed fine until the next morning the battery was dead again so i figured the battery was destroyed but just for kicks I tested the current draw and there is a 1.31 amp draw on the battery. I pulled fuses while watching the meter and there where no big changes in the amp draw. I called my dealer and the service advisor said that more than likely it was the "rear SAM" unit. Anybody else every have this problem?
Oh yeah I guess my car info would be a good thing to add, it's an 01 C320, Thanks for the help

OOPS I just realized I posted in the wrong forum
In some cars if the battery goes dead the rear sam plays up. Hard to know which came first.

The thing you added has its own fuse ? If it doesnt then I would look into that first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts