Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days my car would sometimes not start,. I checked the voltage which read about 12.2 with the key in and when I tried starting it, the voltage would drop down to 6.5 and quickly up to 10.0. I did another voltage check and it was 11.3 with the key in, drop to 6.0, and up to 9.6 when I tried starting it again a week later, so it got a lot worse:(. I just changed the battery 3 weeks ago:confused:. I am guessing that either this new battery is the incorrect type recommended or that something is seriously draining the battery.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :D and if you think that something is draining the battery, please list some common things that would drain the battery so I some place to start looking for the cause.

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,216 Posts
Electric seat controls...?

Edit: of course billion of different sources, but those are reported: auxiliary heater (if any), light stays on in tailgate, alarm system etc...

Are you sure your alternator is ok? What is voltage when engine is running?

·
Registered
1996 E320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
13.0 volt i too low for battery charging. Maybe your problem is the alternator?
Is the car going into sleep mode in few second?
sleep mode? sorry i'm still new to Mercedes:D, but my car does die out in a few seconds sometimes if I don't keep the rpm above 500 so I think that is what you're talking about:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts