Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of 2004, A160 w168

have bought a new battery which was charged and fixed. However when I park car for the night, it can’t start in the morning. Checking the battery charge is under 12 volts. The alternator is ok and charges the battery that is why during the day when am driving the car, there is no problem unless I park it for a very longtime

please help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did solve the mystery. My power door window switches were faulty. When I park the car for the night it seems the motor which powers the door windows remains on which drains the battery. This was the explanation by a mechanic. Anyway the problem ceased the moment I replaced the switches. I have shared information with other Merc owners with a similar situation and it seems to have cured the problem.
The mechanic says that the power window switches often get damaged during car washing of the car interior. Water enters the
switches causing a short circuit. Please experts can debate this but I am no expert to participate meaningfully. They should feel free to offer other explanations.

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
18,223 Posts
This will help loads of future readers. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts