Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello benzworld, i just bought a 88 300ce , its my first car, and everything pretty much works fine except overnight the battery just drains. any Help would be appreciated.

--Also the tail Lights for whatever reason wont work, theyre brand new and all bulbs work and no fuses are out, any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
89 300E; 00 E320
2,511 Posts
Maybe if you complete your profile and give a little history of the issues then you would get more response, as they tend to take you more seriously here if you do things like that.

It's pretty much a shot in the dark with the info you have given, but you can look at some wiring diagrams to see if you can find the problems. They are here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/1506315-anyone-hosting-supplement-14-a.html

And of course you can use the search function to see if you can find something where your issues have been discussed earlier.

My guess is that if you do the searches, try a few of the things that you find in the searches, and then complete your profile and let everyone know what you have done so far that you will get some more help.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 1988 300TE
5,431 Posts
As for the battery, turn the car off and put a DMM inline to find what sort of amp drain you are getting. DO NOT turn the car on at this point. Once you have established a heavy drain, keep pulling fuses until the amps drop considerably. That is where the drain resides.

·
Registered
w124, 230E
26 Posts
Or might be a a case of a dead battery. But do the check suggested above first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts