Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went on vacation for 12 days and came home to find a dead battery. I have a BatteryMinder 1500 and looking back I could have put it on maintenance charge while I was gone, but should I have to? I purchased the NAPA Legend AGM battery in April of 2018.

It did display the P0410 error code right before I left and I didn't have a chance to address it before leaving.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
The power seat control modules are notorious for murdering the battery. There are a few cheap easy fixes. Sometimes they drain the battery over night. For a 12 day stretch I would either disconnect the battery or hook it up to a charger. Also could be that your battery is old and decrepid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the battery-minder on the battery for 20 hours now, with it in the car and hooked up. It shows that it's charging the battery but the electric seats still won't even work. I'm going to disconnect the battery from the car and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
If you look underneath the front of the seats you'll see a couple of large plugs. Those will disconnect the power supply to the power seat modules and stop the drain if that's the cause.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks like the battery is toast after only 18 months. After disconnecting the battery from the car and charging for another 20 hours the battery only shows 6V.
So, I'll start looking for a constant drain after I replace it. It would be sweet if replacing the battery also fixes the other error codes I'm getting.
NAPA replaced the Legend AGM battery at no charge and it showed 12.6V at install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
Marilyn2006
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing