Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Fonzi Dude,

Take the old W140 to the crusher, and get your 50 to 100 bucks for it, and enjoy a great meal with a beer with buddy with that money. Call it done...

I know you can take a car or two to the grave(be buried with the car), but I bet this one is on the very last of your list...

Move on

Martin

What kid if spirit is that? I’ve got a primo running parts car here! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,943 Posts
The spirit of starting fresh!! I'm doing that my self-I got crashed, and tranny went out... Cleaning the slate as one would do when does a meal in a kitchen. One does not cook over dirty plates.

That is me..

These cars are dime a dozen here in the west..

Martin

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The spirit of starting fresh!! I'm doing that my self-I got crashed, and tranny went out... Cleaning the slate as one would do when does a meal in a kitchen. One does not cook over dirty plates.

That is me..

These cars are dime a dozen here in the west..

Martin
The real problem was that I never brought the car home to work on it until my friend with the shop said “time to get this out of here”, despite him wanting the rear axle and brakes. I wanted to pull the motor. It’s great to get it running to figure out what works and what doesn’t. Getting the reverse working was a WTF? Shocker. Had I known it would be so easy to fix it, I probably would have done so much sooner. Seems like it could be a good driver with 111k miles and a nice interior with just a little bit of work. It went off for storage at my brother in law’s shop while I try to get work done on some r107 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts