Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

battery compartment cover

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Limeymerc 
#1 ·
My battery compartment cover is loose every time I open the trunk. I am missing the latch/screw/pin/whatever that holds the top of the cover in place. Can anyone tell me which type of latch/screw/pin/whatever I need? (a photo would be great and I should be able to pick up a replacement at the local auto parts store).

Thanks!

#4 ·
I should be able to get one at a local auto parts shop, could I impose on anyone to take a photo of what this button looks like?

#7 ·
Loews Home Improvement actually has an "auto section". Believe it or not - the other day I opened the doors of their washer/lockers/parts drawer marked "auto" just to see what they had.

They have the same exact "BLACK" push pins used in our trunk. Some are marked "Nissan" or "chrysler" But I was able to use them to re-inforce missing trunk liner "push pins".

Cost? 66 cents each

#8 ·
Loews Home Improvement actually has an "auto section". Believe it or not - the other day I opened the doors of their washer/lockers/parts drawer marked "auto" just to see what they had.

They have the same exact "BLACK" push pins used in our trunk. Some are marked "Nissan" or "chrysler" But I was able to use them to re-inforce missing trunk liner "push pins".

Cost? 66 cents each

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.