Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bass Ackward ASR problem

435 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rfleeger 
#1 ·
1995 Sl500, 100k all tune up components replaced, trans was recently out after sitting from rebuild and new seals were installed. Mechanically its spot on.

Its starts fine then it cant accelerate above 1500 rpm with out spitting and barking, this will go on until the ASR light goes on, then runs like a raped ape!.

The throttle takes more push as its in limp mode, but it runs best not worse in limp mode.

This is cause all parties involved to be in limp mode!!

I know the channels to take troubleshoot, but its backwards with what it is doing. upper Harness looks like PO replaced,

Any ideas??

#2 ·
You'll have to remove your throttle body and send it out for repair. The throttle body is separate from both of the upper and lower wiring harness. If you slightly cut into the black plug, you'll see all of the wires worn and bare, touching each other causing an ASR. Check out the restore your Mercedes.com guy, he rebuilds them.

#3 ·
i dug into everything wiring wise (cut the loom open), and it all looks as fresh as new, I was never comfortable with the trans kick down settings, ( i have a receipt for a new trans (722.3), then it sat for 6 years and then i had to reseal the front pump, i dont think the trans was ever run after the rebuild, who knows if the cable adjustment is correct.i disconnected the kickdown and problem seems to go away, shift points are quick, but it does not trigger asr ligh/limp modet and I can drive it hard OK.

any info on how to adjust this shit out or deal with the kickdown cable disconnected. can a incorrect adjustment cause the engine to run bad ( or the tranny acting screwy )or was it the trans and the asr changed something on the tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.