Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never driven a car w/ a mechanical fuel injection before and I know this is a basic question but I want to be sure I'm treating her right. On cold starts, especially on very cold days like we have now around 30-degrees in the a.m., once I get the car started what is the warm up procedure? Is there a point I should let it warm to, or is it better to warm these cars while moving, but taking it easy until it gets up to temp?

Also, do you guys pump the throttle on your MFI cars to get more air in to start? I didn't think I should have to pump the pedal but it seems I need to in order to get more air in to start. I was told this is normal as it only increases the air not the fuel delivery on start up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A correct M127 should never have the throttle touched in a cold start.

Cold start water temperature sensor (thingy on top with water line in/out) sets the MFI rack adjustment for proper cold running,
cold start air temp sensor tells the cold start supplementary fuel squirter solenoid to open for initial start.

Should run perfect no extra throttle manipulation necessary.

When hot, open throttle about half way to start better.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's right , no touching the pedal on cold start ups. Just turn the key. As for the warm up procedure , as soon as the oil pressure is up , they're ready to go. As you said , easy on the rev's until at normal operating temperature. :bowdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts