Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks.

We recently had a thread where a member was having difficulty locating the access hole to ease the removal of the corner marker lamp in order to change the bulb.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I thought I'd try to simplify it instead of further descriptions. This pic is of the right front.

I put blue painter's tape from the lamp around the fender to the well and into the hole, then outlined the rest of the hole with the tape as well. Turn the wheel in the direction opposite the lamp you need to remove, then put your finger into the hole. Go straight in until you feel the tab, then press it toward the front and give it a little outward push, which will release the rear edge of the marker lamp. Then you can grab it and pull it out, and remove the socket with a little twist to the left.

From there you can either replace the corner marker or the bulb, whatever you need.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
push

finger into hole,grasp sides of side market unit and while pushing from the inside wiggle the unit out of the fender to r/r the bulb.People make the mistake of thinking the bulb comes out via the inner fender.The hole is just to aid pushing the unit out:thumbsup:
:bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts