Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

base coat for paint code 623 - Hellelfebein?

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  nobby 
#1 ·
Hello:
I'm doing some touch-up on rust repair on a 107 painted w/ paint code 623 - Hellelfebein. I got some great factory MB spray touch up paint, but I am wondering - is there a base coat that goes under this? Maybe something yellow (from what I can tell so far, this is my guess).
Thanks

#2 ·
Touch-up paint is made to be used on it's own, not part of a multistep process. Is this a metallic? What problem are you seeing?
Metallics are a problem to touch up because it's impossible to get the metallic to lay down the same way it did when originally painted.

#4 ·
it's not metallic, and it's not clear coat, but from my sanding, it looks like there's something yellow - a base coat of color, i assumed, between the primer and the top coat. In any event, on it's own, this shipped from europe, very $$$ mb factory touch up paint doesn't match well.

#11 ·
Nothing to do with relationships. Being able to look at the profile and see what car we are talking about and if anyone might be in your area who knows a good shop or parts source. Some own multiple models so a user ID is useless.

How about a big kiss before you leave.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.