Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MB ML320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have an 02 ML320, the BAS ETS and ESP always come on, seems like they generally come on when its wet out. When the lights come on, my brake lights stop working, but all other lights work.

Generally if i drive my vehicle a short length, the brake lights will begin to work again, however for the last few days the BAS ETS and ESP lights have been continuously illuminated, and i haven't been able to get my brake lights to function..

Any tips to what it could be?
Cheers

·
Registered
2002 MB ML320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have to check the wires to the electrical connector for the Traction Control Module for fraying, partial breakage or corrosion.
Thanks for the help! I will go take a look at the wires right now!

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
16 Posts
i'm having a similar problem with my wifes 02 ml320. but it seems that the brake lights work when i start pressing on the pedal, but then i get about 1/2 way (about the time the brakes start to grip the rotor) and the brake lights just turn off. they will turn back on again when i start to release the brake pedal and go past the point where they turned off.

·
Registered
2002 MB ML320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, for me, I start my truck and the 2 lights are not illuminated, as soon as I push the brake pedal about half way down, the 2 lights then illumoinate. Is the 2 lights are on, its usually a gamble of my brake lights will work or not. Generally if they're not working, if I drive about 5 minutes, they will start working again. However I have a brake light switch on order, ill let you know if that fixes my problem!
Cheers!

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
16 Posts
mlmackenzie;4444425[B said:
]I see, for me, I start my truck and the 2 lights are not illuminated, as soon as I push the brake pedal about half way down, the 2 lights then illumoinate.[/B] Is the 2 lights are on, its usually a gamble of my brake lights will work or not. Generally if they're not working, if I drive about 5 minutes, they will start working again. However I have a brake light switch on order, ill let you know if that fixes my problem!
Cheers!
this is the usual scenario for my wifes also. but at the 1/2 way point my brake lights turn off. then as i'm letting go of the brake, about the same place that they started to turn off, they turn back on again...

EDIT:
went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 27bucks for the switch today. yup... that was the problem! fixed and working fine now! funny thing is, i was on the way to the dealer today and some guy that was in a truck behind me pulled alongside and flagged me down. told me my taillights were not working properly. all i could do was point at the dealer parking lot. i was about only about 50yds away from the entrance....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts