Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 BMW X3
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very weird situation. Yesterday I drove over a bump in the road and both BAS and Brake Light came on simultaneously, then the lights went off.

Anyone else experience this? Much different than the ML braking automatically, no braking, just lights.

What sensor could this be, other than the Yaw Rate Sensor?

?????? :confused:

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Very weird situation. Yesterday I drove over a bump in the road and both BAS and Brake Light came on simultaneously, then the lights went off.

Anyone else experience this? Much different than the ML braking automatically, no braking, just lights.

What sensor could this be, other than the Yaw Rate Sensor?
?????? :confused:
I'm not an expert but you also have:

• Wheel speed sensor
  • Lateral acceleration sensor
  • Brake light switch
I'd check brake light switch and wheel speed sensors first - You may have a bad switch/loose sensor/connection.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 BMW X3
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake light switch has already been replaced. Where is the lateral acceleration sensor? I know the Yaw Rate Sensor is in the center console. Nice pic of your ML. :)

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
Brake light switch has already been replaced. Where is the lateral acceleration sensor? I know the Yaw Rate Sensor is in the center console. Nice pic of your ML. :)
Uber. you said brake light switch has been replaced. when was it replaced? not to be condescending. these damn BLS's fail much faster that you would like. My front tires wore at the outer ribs to a point I hated this thing & thought it was yaw rate. it wasn't.

·
Registered
2007 BMW X3
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oreif,

The brake switch was replaced in the last year. My yaw rate sensor only acts up when the temperature is over 70 degrees. At 186K I expect these sensors to go bad.

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
if you're confident, i defer back to FAR's 1st 2 points on the list. let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts