Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 320 CE, '55, 220a, '72, 280SE 3.5, '88 Mini Mayfair, '90 Peugeot 205GTI, .04 Mini Cooper
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started the car to put it away for the evening and I got a "defective Lamp" warning followed by "BAS" then "ESP" then "ABS" warnings in that sequence.

Am I looking at a brake switch replacement as per the DIY sticky above?

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I just started the car to put it away for the evening and I got a "defective Lamp" warning followed by "BAS" then "ESP" then "ABS" warnings in that sequence.

Am I looking at a brake switch replacement as per the DIY sticky above?

Thanks

Terry
It's possible it may just be a bad brake lamp, so fix the lamp malfunction first and reset the other warnings per the manual. If they return, it's almost assuredly the brake light switch.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
93 320 CE, '55, 220a, '72, 280SE 3.5, '88 Mini Mayfair, '90 Peugeot 205GTI, .04 Mini Cooper
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All brake lights are not working (left, right, centre) is there a specific fuse just for these?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the fuse, cleaned the contact blades and bingo, fixed.

Thanks Greg. As my dad always says start with the easy options first, you would think I would have learnt that by now.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Found the fuse, cleaned the contact blades and bingo, fixed.

Thanks Greg. As my dad always says start with the easy options first, you would think I would have learnt that by now.
All I can say is, amen.

:big laugh:

Seriously, I'm just glad it was that simple. I hate chasing electrical gremlins.

Probably worth scheduling some down-time and cleaning all the contacts if those were that bad. Too much humidity in the land of Guinness?

Take care and enjoy the right-hand-drive ride,
Greg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can say is, amen.

Probably worth scheduling some down-time and cleaning all the contacts if those were that bad. Too much humidity in the land of Guinness?

Take care and enjoy the right-hand-drive ride,
Greg
I think I will, that's the third electrical gremlin I have had with the fuses in this particular block, not blown but just poor contact. Strangely we have had had dry weather for the past couple of weeks, I'm sure winter will set in again by the end of the month!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts