Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the forum. I have an ML270CDI UK 04 Inspiration model and experiencing a problem with the above mentioned lights coming on at the start of every journey.

My symptoms are that first in the morning on my way to work, I drive the car for approx. 5 to 10 mins before the BAS/ESP/ABS lights come followed by the EPC. I then try and stop somewhere switch on and off and the lights clear and don't return for the rest of the journey approx one hour.
The same occurs in the evening on my way home....

Not sure how relevant or accurate this is,but I think the lights appear to come on on the first instance of accelerating. i.e. going through the gears quickly. Also worth mentioning that when I'm the motorway (highway) and I come to standstill due to congestion or an accident for longer than 10-15mins, when I set off they come on again. Seems to be when I reach over 20mph but I may be wrong. Its an automatic of course.

Lots of similar problems mention the break-light switch, although some notes have contradicted this by saying that the ML270 doesn't have one. Also,whilst the dashboard lights are on the break lights work fine...

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,144 Posts
The switch at the pedal was not the issue by the time the 04s came out.

I am wondering if a sensor has gone bad. Can you have it put on a professional grade
scan tool that will read MB specific codes without getting raped by a UK dealer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BAS/ESP/ABS & EPC

Solution :
Car was tested and error code reported 'Front Wheel ABS Speed sensor fault'
Sensor was replaced and fault lights have gone away.

Thanks to all for you assistance.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts