Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BAS ABS Warning Light-Why would it go on and then the next day be off?

It came on this weekend and this morning I drove the car around for a few minutes and it never went on. Any ideas why? Is it just electrical gremlins? Thanks for any insight you can give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as im concerned your problem is most likely to be one of your back light guts. I have come across this problem on "c class" and "s class" vehicles. Both had already been to main dealers as well as indipendants who had quoted brake light switch as the problem.
Check the bulb holders and the main plug on the guts carefully!
Hope this sorts it out.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
stlemming said:
BAS ABS Warning Light-Why would it go on and then the next day be off?

It came on this weekend and this morning I drove the car around for a few minutes and it never went on. Any ideas why? Is it just electrical gremlins? Thanks for any insight you can give.
When was the last time you've changed your battery? If the battery voltage was dropping down under 10 volts at times which is the threshold for the ESP/BAS system according to the Owners Manual.

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
under 11V actually

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
stlemming said:
I appreciate everyones replies. I will check on the voltage and back up plugs. Thanks again for the help.
easy and more accurate way to do that rather than a voltmeter (after all you need to find out what your PCM thinks about the batt. voltage, and not the absolute value of it), let the car idle for a while, till the coolant temp is above 90*, set the heater to hot (88*F, both sides), turn the heater off by hitting 0 (off) button, then turn the car off and hit the (REST) key, the heater turns back on, your battery is fine. if it doesnt, time for new batter/alternator/voltage regulator.

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
stlemming said:
I just wanted to update for Search purposes...It ended up being the Brake Lamp Switch as sk2540 referred too. Thanks to everyone who replied.

is this switch responsible of turning the rear break lights on too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts