Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HOUSES OF THE HOLY: THE BACKSTORY TO THE FAMOUS LED ZEPPELIN ALBUM COVER

One of the most iconic record covers of the 1970s is Led Zeppelin’s fifth album, 1973’s Houses of the Holy and it’s also one of the most mysterious. Fans have long speculated about the “meaning” of this cryptic image of naked, golden-haired children crawling around an apocalyptic landscape towards… what? Was it a reference to the creepy 50s sci-fi film Village of the Damned? An apocalypse cult? Or was there some “occult significance” to Jimmy Page? I’m sure there must have been quite a lot of stoned, meandering conversations back then about this one.

The cover, produced by the legendary London-based design firm, Hipgnosis, was shot on the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland. Aubrey Powell, the Hipgnosis partner who actually designed the cover, told Q magazine in 2003 that the concept was based on Arthur C. Clarke’s novel Childhood’s End, where hundreds of millions of Earth’s children gather together to be taken off into space.

Full Story @ Houses of the Holy: The backstory to the famous Led Zeppelin album cover | Dangerous Minds

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blind Faith
One of the first Super Groups, but sadly only released that one album back in '69.

Blind Faith was an English blues rock band, composed of Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and Ric Grech. The band, which was one of the first "super-groups", released their only album, Blind Faith, in August 1969. Wikipedia

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,383 Posts
Of course, he wasn't trying to tell us anything......

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Here is one which was controversial in it's time---although today's sensibilities would also come to the same conclusion about a young unclothed girl..

Blind Faith
I always thought her tits were a bit saggy for my taste....

·
Registered
9,383 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I thought it was a hood ornament for a '55 Chevy.
Buddy here in town has a shitload of them at his shop to install on the brand new hand made '55's that he builds.

Prototype Research & Development Ltd.

He also makes '57's and his mechanics are awesome, they installed a rebuilt starter motor on my SEC a few years ago for less than $150.

·
Registered
S Klass 500
3,681 Posts
^ Sublime album, I have the Mary Whitehouse special edition, with the unreleased track Moar Matron. Did you know they say Bryan Ferry is obsessed by biscuits? the they obviously oblivious the attachment disorder with biscuits, is in fact a Scottish cultural tradition.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts