Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. 599 pages is a bit daunting, so I decided to start this.

I've read a lot about how using svo/wvo can clog up a fuel system if the source oil is dirty (hydrogenized/glycerin/etc), combustion is incomplete (temp only 165F/185F/220F at the nozzle etc.), and etc.

I've read a lot about -- and experienced --how biodiesel cleans out a dino fuel system.

So, has anyone experimented, in a disciplined way, with a fueling schedule to see if, for example, running 10/20/etc. tanks of svo/wvo followed by a tank of biodiesel would reasonably mitigate some of these problems?

Thanks.

Kim

PS Dino diesel over $5 a gallon in Malibu.

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300DT; 1980 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
780 Posts
There is a search engine on this site you could use, but your best bet would be at a SVO/WVO/biodiesel forum, they would be alot more knowledgable not to mention experienced.

·
Banned
82 300D VNT, 80 240D 3.0T
3,926 Posts
D2 and or B2/5/10/20 is all that should be used. WVO and SVO should never be used in any amount. If you insist on using WVO/SVO then you need to invest in a BioDiesel processor to remove the glycerin in VO that causes coking.

If you don't abuse your engine with crap fuel you won't have to worry about coking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please explain the mods that you have done to your car.

Hi Zedd,

Thanks for the re-direct to the svo/biodiesel folks.

I noticed on your "signature" that you have listed a lot of things that you have done to your car. Are you a diesel mechanic? I see that you have done things that appear to be custom -- the type of turbo (?), intercooler, oil filter bypass (what is that?), etc. Could you explain, or point me to a message of yours in which you've explained, these mods?

Thanks.

Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts