Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
Dave,

Very funny site. My wife, however, noted that why rent with you can buy. I think that was a Kompliment?

I bet you wish that your G was together to play in the snow. We have sunshine this AM, but I can see that all the mountains here have snow down to 2,000 feet and we expect more. I am at sea level, and the weather is expected to get heavier today and tomorrow. This will be coming your way in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G not apart, performing marvelously

It is kind of a bummer though, when you travel 40 miles to work, hardly a care in that wonderful vehicle, only to find the place closed because others not so fortunate to drive such a perfect conveyance as I, are afraid to venture the 10 blocks from home to work. Oh well.... Now I can get some WORK done.

The engine is on the stand in the garage, taking a nice break while we wait for the other half of the project, trans parts, to arrive from UK.

You should have heard the bit on BBC. The commentator himself was cracking up too as he's half German. He claimed that as such, he was rentable for half the price of a full German. I thought it great commentary on our world today that this thing, done on a lark, got so much serious attention, both from hundreds of people wantiing to rent one, and hundreds more Germans, wanting to be rented. [:)]

Your wife is right though. She gets a far better deal investing for the long haul.[;)]

All the best,

-Dave G.

·
Registered
1981 240GD+, Alfa Brera 3,2 V6 Q4 2006, Alfa GT 3,2 V6.
221 Posts
Will they supply the "G"?

Why buy a cow ............ if can get the milk from the store?
Rent an Italian! You have more fun![:p][:p][:p]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts