Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300E 2.8 (sold), 2012 C250 (wife's), 2004 C230 (sold), 2005 E320 (sister-in-law's)
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just notice that our stock cassette player is no longer working. The radio works fine, but no matter what kind of cassettes that I put into the stock cassette player, they all got rejected automatically. Have anyone experience this kind of problem before? Can this be easily repaired??

If I really have to replace this cassette player, which make/model would you recommend from crutchfield (since they also include installation kits for free)?? I want to find something that could really match with the classic interior feel. THanks :)

·
Registered
1994 E320 Coupe, Midnight/Rio Blue/Gray, 107K miles
183 Posts
Harmon Kardon Nav Pro Series is a great plug and play CD player from the same era. Porsche CD220 and Mercedes Benz BE4602 were among the private label faceplates. Becker Autosound in NJ is an excellent resource.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,410 Posts
Hi all, just notice that our stock cassette player is no longer working. The radio works fine, but no matter what kind of cassettes that I put into the stock cassette player, they all got rejected automatically. Have anyone experience this kind of problem before? Can this be easily repaired??

If I really have to replace this cassette player, which make/model would you recommend from crutchfield (since they also include installation kits for free)?? I want to find something that could really match with the classic interior feel. THanks :)
Becker Grand Prix most likely....give Becker of North America a call and send it in to them. Stay original that way and they can also upgrade yours to mp3 or buy another unit from them with a CD player.
Kevin

·
Registered
1991 300CE / Smoke Silver
25 Posts
Becker Autosound can hook you up with a brand new or reconditioned OEM unit. They are great to deal with and their prices are very reasonable.

Here's their contact information:

170 North Fifth Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Phone: 201-773-0976 Fax: 201-961-1936
[email protected]

Wes

·
Registered
1993 300E 2.8 (sold), 2012 C250 (wife's), 2004 C230 (sold), 2005 E320 (sister-in-law's)
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks so much for everyone's responses. I really appreciate that. By the way, since the car only has the FM/AM radio working, I noticed that most of the time (but not always) while I turned on the radio, there are some hissing noises in the background. Is this more likely caused by the old/faulty receiver unit, or it's the 18 years old original Mercedes speakers? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
If you want a nice aftermarket unit check out Nakamichi. Their lighting has different colors and will match the interior lights of a mercedes. Very subtle sytling and not tacky at all. Also they make several single DIN 6 disc in dash changers. I was looking at installing the MB-X in mine. PM me and I will send you to a good site for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts