Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK, 2008 C300, 2010 ML350
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have written before mentioning that my car idles poorly almost to the point of stalling, but never throws any codes. I replaced the MAF with a genuine Siemens...cleaned the oil separator and pipes and changed the spark plugs. Still the same. I was wondering since I cannot get the car to throw any codes, perhaps its bad gasoline? Any ideas at all? Anyone?:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1998 SLK 230 Kompressor, 1993 500 SEC
109 Posts
MAF might not throw a code - mine doesn't, but my idle varies and when I look at the MAF output it has spikes. As I have a fake MAF anyway, I'm replacing it, but what I don't know is if the MAF output varies because of the idle, or if the idle is reacting to the spikes from the MAF.

Regardless, I'd be checking for air leaks all around the system, for alignment of the MAF if you only replaced the sensor and not the sensor & pipe, and condition of wiring. Also, how good is your battery?

Whilst checking, don't forget to check your ECU box fan!

·
Registered
2002 SLK, 2008 C300, 2010 ML350
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAF might not throw a code - mine doesn't, but my idle varies and when I look at the MAF output it has spikes. As I have a fake MAF anyway, I'm replacing it, but what I don't know is if the MAF output varies because of the idle, or if the idle is reacting to the spikes from the MAF.

Regardless, I'd be checking for air leaks all around the system, for alignment of the MAF if you only replaced the sensor and not the sensor & pipe, and condition of wiring. Also, how good is your battery?

Whilst checking, don't forget to check your ECU box fan!
Turned out to be the wrong spark plugs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts