Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put over 1000 miles on the blue/green CD and it has started running like S%*T. [xx(] I took a look at the primary filter which, last week an way, WAS clean and now is BLACK. [:(!] The car had been running like a top. Now it's missing at start-up and idles very rough. I changed the filters last night. The canister filter had all kinds of black stuff in it too. I also swapped the new injectors in from the other car but no change. I looked back through all the service records and didn't find any where that the rack damper pin had been changed to the up graded one so that's on order.[;)]

I've two theories, It was running good till my last fill up so maybe I got some "BAD FUEL"[}:)] I've since filled up at a Chevron.
or
The previous owner never let the tank go very low and since I put around 400 miles on a tank of fuel, that I finally got to the BAD stuff floating in the tank.[V]
Any thoughts?[?][?]

[8D]

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
i think maybe you had a combination of both a new load of bad fuel and existing sediment.
you should make sure the tank screen is clear as that will cause you problems no matter what. it's easy to check without removing. just pull that large rubber hose off the hard steel line and let it drain into a receptacle can. if fuel comes out strong it's not clogged. if fuel comes out very slowly you need to remove and clean the whole strainer.
if it's clogged there may be fungus in the tank and you would need to shock treat it with bio-bor and prepare to change filters again.
good luck!

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "84300DTURBO". [:)]

I'll be treating for the fungus/algae thing and I'm going to purge this weekend and install new filters again. I'll check the tank screen too. It is actually running better after the filling up @ Chevron and 134 miles [:p] but not like it should.[V]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts