Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
03 ML500, 94 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 300SE was toasted this morning. My brother took the car out last night and and cameback at 4 in the morning. He told me that it was overheated. Since then I had less than 3 hours of sleep. So it was couple hours later the sun cam on I went to check it. There were no oil. I look under the car and there where a puddle of oil.
I really wanted to smack him in the head, why did he drive while there were no oil. But then this morning he told me that he got a medical problem and started to cry. So I guess he get a free pass. I hardly see him cry.
What am I going to do. The car got only 187K, I always told him to change the oil.
Well I guess it the end of an era as of right now. I dont know if it worth to fix it.

· Registered
W140 '93 500 SEL
1,027 Posts
I guess if condition is so so... then just part out the car if it's confirm the engine is gone ... If the condition is nearly mint get an egine.

· Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,166 Posts
If the car is mint, then its worth to fix. If not, I would just part it out.

· Registered
1990 300SE
1,473 Posts
Give me the engine. I feel like tearing an m103 apart, but I really don't have the money to burn on one right now.

Or maybe it is fixable? who knows!

Anyways, I'm sorry about the loss man. I would suggest buying another one.

· Registered
1990 300SE
1,473 Posts
Now that I think about it, we can have the whole car stripped down in a few hours, the parts ready to sell or whatever you choose to do. Brakes, interior, suspension, everything. Then we just call a flatbed to haul the frame away.

· Super Moderator
89 Mercedes 300E, 91 Mercedes 300CE, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,680 Posts
I say since it has been in your family since you were 2,tuck it away until you can score another engine.I'm sure you have a lot of memories connected to that car growing up and would be a shame to get rid of it over something as trivial as a bad engine.
Food for thought[:)]

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not going to strip it apart, I prefere it sold as whole or nothing. Well I'm going to keep it anyway regardless I will find a reman/low mile engine. A guy want 1500 for a low miles.
I didnt have a chance to check it out since it was raining. I hope it just a valve job.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE

My dad decide to look for a low mileage engine. My conceren will the engine from a W124 fit in (M103.983). Also if he do find another engine I will have a spare one left. I'm thinking about getting a 300SDL and swap the engine later when I have $. Will it be hard to swap a M103 into the 300SDL?
Another thing is that I cant find the Link for the service manual. Dan Watt gave me a CD and my home was remodel and I misplace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.