Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1082/15433477.jpg :( I was coming out of that gas station and a guy let me through, couldn't see over his truck to see that grey and red gmc barreling up to an already red light. I didn't feel a thing, other guy didn't go to hospital or get treated but I bet he's sore. I feel so bad about wrecking a good car like this, I shouldn't have trusted guy waving me on without being able to see for a good distance. :mad:

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
791 Posts
Bummer , That ~

I nearly has this happen to me in an old Split Window VW many years ago ~ I was lucky and the guy barreling up slid to a stop 1' away from the driver's door as my wife screamed and my son looked at the oncoming massacre...

I no longer trust anyone waving me into traffic , period .

I'm glad to hear no one was hurt :bowdown: .

·
Registered
1990 300se
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep, important driving lesson learned, and nobody got hurt, although I'm sure the other guy felt it a lot more than I did, when I basically t-boned him his truck hopped quite a few feet in the direction I was headed, and my car still had enough momentum to coast dead to the parking lot where I took that picture from.(an insurance agency parking lot, the irony.) But yeah, Never trusting someone waving me on again, unless I can see a long way down the road.
:Edit: So yeah, the '90 300se is gonna be parted out, going to make a post on the for sale forums once all the insurance garbage is through, So if anybody needs odds and ends for a w126 keep your eyes peeled haha. It may be awhile before I can find another one like it, but I'm loyal to Mercedes-Benz 'til the end now, I honestly didn't feel a darn thing. So I might be driving around another brand car for a bit, but I'll always come back to MB when I can. I'm currently majoring in Automotive Technology at the local community college, and after driving and tinkering with this car, my eyes are opened to the possibility of restoring these fine cars as a side business, and maybe one day a full time gig! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts