Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So no check engine light from these codes but for awhile the car would run rough on startup and after a few minutes it would run ok. However it was sluggish like when the balance shaft was bad. So I read the codes and found the codes that are listed in the title. So I changed out three of the four solinoids and that fixed all of the codes. The bad solinoids were only about 2 years old and had about 10k miles. They were changed when Mercedes replaced the balance shaft. When I checked the bad solinoids the plunger was sticky while the new ones moved very easily. I am thinking that maybe there were metal particles in the oil left over from the balance shaft grinding itself down and they screwed up the solinoids or they are just junk and always will be trouble.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil filter is not always 100% filtering the oil. It does get by passed on cold starts or when there is too high of a pressure differential across the filter. So overtime some small particles can eventually circulate through the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts