Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We recently purchased a 2012 GL-450. It ran perfectly until today when the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. There's the ABS light, check engine light, windshield wipers randomly came on, headlight light is on the dash, etc. We used an OBD code reader and got 10 codes. They all seem related to each other so hopefully it is just one issue. We took both batteries to be tested. The main battery is good but the auxillary battery is bad. Could the auxillary battery being bad cause these codes? Codes listed below. Thanks in advance!

U0100
U110B
U0002
U0121
P0460
U0155
P2158
U0101
P2065
U0146

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so we replaced the aux battery and still doing the same crap. But I’m hoping it’s because our obd reader is not used for a Mercedes so we can’t reset it. Either way we are taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I am just praying it’s not a crazy expensive fix since we have only had the car since Feb!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can disconnect your battery and see if that resets the codes. You can also get a one scanner for about $30 that works with MB. That what I have and it also resets all the MB codes as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay so we replaced the aux battery and still doing the same crap. But I’m hoping it’s because our obd reader is not used for a Mercedes so we can’t reset it. Either way we are taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I am just praying it’s not a crazy expensive fix since we have only had the car since Feb!!!
Any luck fixing this problem? Same situation going on with my 2012 gl450, have had 2 mechanics look at it they are at a loss! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ryanhc915, have you been able to correct the problem you were having? I'm having the same issue with my 2012 GL450. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Possible Alternator. Voltage regulator which is located on the alternator. If you have high milage just change the whole alternator with a new Bosch. Report back and let us know. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts