Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1986 280 GE lwb
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back up lights on my G are not working. Already checked the bulbs and they seem ok. Now I'm trying to find the back up light switch with harness wich is bolted to the shifter mechanism but dealer does not have in stock right now. Will a W123 switch work? I have a used one on hold. Where does the male conector plug into? Followed the harness thru the firewall and the lost it (was geting dark and hado no flashlight).
thx

·
Registered
280 ges 1989
321 Posts
You will find it on the right hand side of the transmission. It is release by moving the white plastic surround down or up I can’t remember which. Then the plug just pulls off. There are 2 bolt holding it, one is for adjustment. I haven’t done it on a G but the one on my 124 looks the same. You could try plugging in the other one to see if it works. If you do change it you need to be careful that you get the mechanism is aligned correctly or you will not be able to start the engine in neutral or park

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
Mischa,

the length of the harness should give you a clue where to look for the plug in - probably under the dash, possibly on the tunnel. Gotta take the center console out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts