Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update; buyer flaked out, but I sold enough of my other cars that I can keep the car now anyway. so no longer for sale.

Here's the deal, just found out tonight that my grandmother is on her way out very soon via ALS disease and I would like to make her last few months as nice as possible, I'm selling everything I own that I don't need to survive to give her any and all comfort items that I can.

So, up for sale is my euro-spec grey market 1982 Mercedes Benz 500SE AMG. 136k original miles.

I am the second owner with a clean title in hand, This MB has the OG beautiful running and always reliable euro 5.0 V8 and smooth shifting hydrolic 4-speed auto tranny. Euro style velour manual seating, KM/H only gauge cluster face (and the orig unit) (but it rolls over by miles, also comes with americanized MPH gauge face and the doner KM/H cluster), full gen 1 AMG body kit, rare black spring AMG suspension and KYB adjustable shocks, very rare early style AMG steering wheel, custom Anthricite grey paint, DEPO HID euro headlamps with city lights, smoked corners, e-code tails, custom painted AMG by OZ 3-piece wheels with gold bolts and good tires, new tru-dual exhaust with no cats, molded in font grill, shaved hood star, chrome delete, CD player with dual amps and nice aftermarket speaks all around in very hard to find OEM sizes, zero dash cracks.

I get nothing but thumbs up and compliments from this car everytime I drive it. classic KBB is over $15K! without the mods. I havent been to a car show with out having dozens of people taking pics and people giving me their business cards to do more for professional shoots or website features, ect.

To be picky:
-The front seats have a few rips, and they are dyed black rather than the original blue, I was going to have it all re-done, but you can always find doner seats for fairly cheap too.
-The sunroof is off track, the motor is still working, but it doesnt move the roof.
-The door locks are run on a vaccume system, the locking system recently stopped working. Im sue its an easy fix, but it hasnt bothered me.
-Could use a respray, I was going to do this myself this coming year. The paint was done in Germany over 25 years ago, it shows some wear.
-The car is low, and has been for 25+ years. I bottom out doing 80 MPH on the highway over small bumps, Im am still on the original oil pan, but the bottom of the car shows wear and tear.

Overall, I would not hesitate to drive this car across the country right now, without any further treatment, I have driven it daily for months on end without issue . I change the synthetic oil every 6-7k miles, have NEVER been stranded, and get 20 MPG average.

If I can come up with enough money or my grandmother doesnt make it before this car goes, I will end the sale.

$6000 obo (shipped to the lower 48), no part outs, no trades.

You can contact me here on the thread, PM me, or text or call by my cell 360-516-3360

And I know this is a stretch, but if there is any people that want to just donate to the helping my grandmother fund, my paypal addy is [email protected]

watch the video, Im at about half way in

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '98 SL500
1,974 Posts
Bump for you buddy. Great car and hope it goes to a good home. I love it. Sorry to hear about your grandmother and very caring of you to help her during this time.
Yasin

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
Bump for you buddy. Great car and hope it goes to a good home. I love it. Sorry to hear about your grandmother and very caring of you to help her during this time.
Yasin
+1 on all.

However, as mclare can attest, the car wouldn't last long on my stretch of street...I'd bottom out six times each way going over the drainage ruts into the Pacific.

But thanks for your honest appraisal...actually, makes me feel better about my cars needing things.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
1984 500SEL
91 Posts
Good luck my friend. Just want to go on record as saying I have been lusting after your car since I've been coming to these forums and look at your avatar daily to make myself feel better. Best wishes to you and your grandmother and rest assured if I had the money, I wouldn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
sorry to hear about your grandmother

good luck with the sale of a very nice car. if i was in the market for a sedan i'd be all over this

additionally, thank you for full disclosure of issues with the car as opposed to the potentially misleading stuff we see too often like "excellent condition for 25 year old car"

best on all the above

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
Very nice car,definitely one with gobs of personality. Good luck with the sale, and best wishes for your Grandma.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to hear about your grandmother

good luck with the sale of a very nice car. if i was in the market for a sedan i'd be all over this

additionally, thank you for full disclosure of issues with the car as opposed to the potentially misleading stuff we see too often like "excellent condition for 25 year old car"

best on all the above
Thank you, and the last thing id do is mis-represent something just to sell it, I've been working on the plans to fix all the issues, but I didn't expect to be selling this either. The car has become a father/son project and bonding tool, and when I asked my dad about selling it, he said if it were for any other reason it would be a "no".

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Good luck w/ the sale dude..that smoothed in hood always looked bad-ass..

Mean looking modded AMG.

Hope it all works out for ya'll!

Jono

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Nice move - I recently sold my aunt's one owner from new 1965 Mustang so I understand the heavy-at-heart-ness here.

You ever find if she has solids under these valve covers? You can peek through the oil filler cap with a light...

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does suck getting rid of my baby, but its just a 'thing'.

David, no It did not have the solid lifters.

And CAR IS SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT.

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
The hardest part is when the new owner either starts modding it.....or runs it in to the ground...
oh well onwards and upwards

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Congrats dude, I knew it would sell..:) Hopefully someone who Loves the car and carries on w/ keeping the car up/making it more etc, etc...!

Jono

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
All the best.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update. My buyer flaked out on me after I asked for a 5% deposit to show me he was serious about the purchase.

But good news is I sold a few of my other cars and things and was able to stack up enough cash that I am now able to keep this one after all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts