Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my SLK350 from the dealer yesterday after getting the clutch master cylinder replaced at 394 miles. Boy, did that make a difference in the 6MT. It is soo sweet now, it moves like silk. I dropped the top, put the airscarf on low, took off and smiled.

The service advisor also said that hydraulic fluid had discolored a panel under the car and they had ordered a new one so my car would be as good as new, which it is. It means another trip in next week but it is nice to have a dealer that does the job right.

Some of you may recall the Australian review of the SLK posted a few weeks ago that panned the 6MT. I went back and looked at the article and the problems cited were very much like the ones I experienced. I wonder if MB got a bad batch of master cylinders. Something to keep in mind if you have the 6-speed MT that starts to go weird.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
What kind of problems/symptons did you and your car experience??

Least they've finally got it sorted for you!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beverage-

I described the problem in a previous post. But, in brief, it was difficult to the switch gears, particularly first and reverse and the clutch engaged at the firewall.

rick

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
rickboy - 2/19/2005 3:45 PM

beverage-

I described the problem in a previous post. But, in brief, it was difficult to the switch gears, particularly first and reverse and the clutch engaged at the firewall.

rick
I did read that post, but for some reason I thought it was for an Automatic and not a manual!!! Why I thought an Automatic had a clutch, I'll never know!!! [8)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts