Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 B200, 2003 CLK 430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm new to this group and i hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.
I have an issue with my B200 misting. It is out of warranty and has 75 000 km. I took it to my local mechanic, since the dealer wanted $300.00 just to scan it, and it came up with the code that spark plug #2 wasn't functioning properly. He took it out to examine it and switch it with plug#1 and it continued to mist. He then switch the coils and the same problem persisted. He then put on the fuel injector testers and it it came up positive for a faulty #2 fuel injector. He installed the new injector and cleared the code, and the car ran fine until it warmed up and the misting started again, he scanned it again and the code states #2 and #3 fuel injector open ciricuit. Does anyone know what this means?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
How did you figure out it's missing? Was it just shuttering or sputtering? Thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
2006 B200, 2003 CLK 430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for your response. It was doing both, but driveable, but everytime i slowed down it was more sputtering. But, when listening to the engine idling and the hood open, the mechanic and i both agrees it was missing.We also listened to the injectors witha a stethoscope and the #2 injection wasn't as loud.

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
I'd check the wiring first (check for cleanliness of plugs and contacts, cracks, tears, tight connection, safe position protected of heat and vibration).
Just after this...
A clamp-meter can tell you if the injector gets enough current and may show if it pulsates. A resistance check of all injectors can confirm if their specs are close and if the higher resistance one may be at fault.

But I'd still check the wiring (everything in sight)...

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Normally a compression check would be next on the agenda. In fact, doing that may be simpler than trying to chase down some obscure wiring issue. A good compression result would eliminate an internal engine problem, and a bad one would make me recommend that you take the car to M-B for a confirmation of the diagnosis. That would allow you to ask M-B Canada for a courtesy repair, considering the low km.

·
Registered
2006 B200, 2003 CLK 430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Compression is great. It was checked at the very beginning. A few friends have recommended I change the coil pack regardless. What do does everyone think? I am motivated to bring it to Mercedes today and suck up the cost.

·
Registered
2006 B200, 2003 CLK 430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had my cousin at Ford talk to one of his buddies at mercedes, and he confirms that that the B200 has had problems with fuel imjectors. He recomended that I should change the suppressors and the plugs regardless and give it a try. Now waiting for parts from BC or Germany, whatever comes first. Parts won't be in until next week. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks for all you help.

·
Registered
2006 B200, 2003 CLK 430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I finally got my car back today, almost $1400.00. They replaced the complete wiring harness. The part was $400.00 and the rest was labour. Send a letter to M-B Canada and now in talks with rep.. Little disappointed on how the rep. is more concerned with my treatment than with a faulty wire harness that was obviously poorly made. This is not a wear and tear part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd check the wiring first (check for cleanliness of plugs and contacts, cracks, tears, tight connection, safe position protected of heat and vibration).
Just after this...
A clamp-meter can tell you if the injector gets enough current and may show if it pulsates. A resistance check of all injectors can confirm if their specs are close and if the higher resistance one may be at fault.

But I'd still check the wiring (everything in sight)...
My B170(W245) had its electrical wiring chewed out by rodents. ABD,EPS and engine check light came on. I managed to fix the ABS connection line but the fuel injector wiring is bit of a stretch but I'm working on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts