Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the install lol...But i think I found my issue. I think the slider was not aligned properly. Taking everything apart after dinner and trying again. Will report back

·
Registered
2010 B180 Auto
43 Posts
Yeah. Looks like selector position issue. Screenshot from another paid forum that I can access on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep sure enough, that was my issue. Car is running great now. Thanks everyone!

Now for anyone interested near Montreal Canada, I have a 2011 B200 Turbo in mint condition with 90 000km that I'm selling for $9000. Pm me if interested lol!

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,888 Posts
Yep sure enough, that was my issue. Car is running great now. Thanks everyone!

Now for anyone interested near Montreal Canada, I have a 2011 B200 Turbo in mint condition with 90 000km that I'm selling for $9000. Pm me if interested lol!

Another happy customer here in Montreal....Woo..Hoo..!!

We don't often see happy customers here in the B Class forum when it's the CVT that's acting up..so very good news..and good luck with the sale..!

·
Registered
807 Posts
CVT Repair

Well, I just went through the dreaded "Transmission - Visit Workshop" / P0793 issue that so many people seem to have.

Symptoms: Car would flip into "Limp Home" mode when cold, but a restart once warmed up (10 mins) it would work fine. OBDII showed a 0793 fault

Option 1: Buy a new transmission control plate (which includes the failing sensor) from MB. price (for the part) $1700+. Placed order - Oh, it's on back order. After a couple of weeks and no word from MB as to when they'd be able to ship; my mechanic and I started googling to see alternates...

Option 2: try and buy a used one. Not really possible there weren't any locally, and also they're VIN coded to the car <sigh>

Option 3: There's a place in Bulgaria (seriously) that rebuilds them. I found this at pretty much the same time my mechanic did. Good side, it's a lot cheaper ($300ish to rebuild the part plus shipping out and back), down side, it's a two week turnaround.

Went with option 3. Price w/ labour, parts (gaskets, tranny fluid etc) and outsourced part re-man was about $1200 and two weeks. Mechanic was happy with the service from Bulgaria that when I went to pick up the car she had two more transmission plates boxed up and ready to ship off. Also, after 5 weeks, she cancelled the original part order with MB. I wonder who the other four in Vancouver waiting for the part are doing.

So kudos to my local mechanic (Norwescan); and I think it worked out well for everyone. I've got a very drivable car back, and she's found a way of doing a repair for a lot less money.

So if you choose to go that way, tell her "BOFFIN" sent you.
Do you still have the B? If yes, did the error ever show up again?

·
Registered
807 Posts
My B200 has the message "Transmission service required" came up. Booked an appointment with the dealer to check the car. Two days before the appointment, on the evening after work, the car refuse to move. The shift stick stuck at P, and the car asked me to shift to neutral to turn on the car. No way you can shift to neutral, it was stuck at P.
Towed to dealer. Next day dealer called me said the whole transmission needed to be replaced, over 12000 dollars. Asked the MB sale, my 2008 B200 worth only 5000. Not worth to repair, and towed back home. This morning Auto wrecker pay me 3000 and tow the crap away. What a shame. No more Mercedes.
I am considering this option. Any idea how that work? How do they determine how much the car is worth? My B is worh $3000 max if I am lucky according to Canadian Black Book.

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
I am considering this option. Any idea how that work? How do they determine how much the car is worth? My B is worh $3000 max if I am lucky according to Canadian Black Book.

What's the problem that would now make you consider to scrap your B ? How much mileage on it ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
What's the problem that would now make you consider to scrap your B ? How much mileage on it ?
122k. The latest issue is what everyone mentions here. Even when it is repaired, what is next to go wrong? Someone also mention that issue reappear after repair.

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
122k. The latest issue is what everyone mentions here. Even when it is repaired, what is next to go wrong? ...........

That's really low milage to consider scrapping your nice B.....You've been here for a long time...

Is the body in perfect condition..?

361 - 372 of 372 Posts