Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought my first Benz: a 2011 B-Class B180 W245. It is in mint condition except for some exterior plastic body panels that have deteriorated with age. I don't know what they area called or how to identify them so was hoping someone could help me. The plastic trim is jut forward of the side mirrors.

Does anyone know what they are called so that I can source one for each side of the car.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
smart EQ 2020; sold: A200 C169
1,364 Posts
Hi and welcome to BenzWorld!

Parts like these, often the cheapest directly from Mercedes-Benz - I've seen eBay used items' prices more than double that of a brand new plastic part from MB ...
As to exact part numbers - impossible to tel without VIN - too many variations and replacements over the years:

Product Rectangle Slope Font Line

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your reply and the attachment. I live in New Zealand and this car was imported used from Japan (we get a lot of our cars from Japan). Generally speaking car parts are more expensive here but I will look into the price at the dealership. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy something overseas and ship it here. Any idea of a good source for genuine Mercedes parts in the UK?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Parts like these, often the cheapest directly from Mercedes-Benz - I've seen eBay used items' prices more than double that of a brand new plastic part from MB ...
As to exact part numbers - impossible to tel without VIN - too many variations and replacements over the years:

View attachment 2711950

View attachment 2711950

Hi David,
Can you help me find the part number for my car, please? It is a 2011 B180; Petrol 1.7 (245.232) (85kw/116HP); W245; chassis number WDD2452322J680576; K-no: 24806; Engine: M266E17

Appreciate the help.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
Thanks very much for your reply and the attachment. I live in New Zealand and this car was imported used from Japan (we get a lot of our cars from Japan).
Yes, I know exactly what you mean - I imported an A190 from Japan to The Bahamas , when I lived in Nassau - it was a better car and much better value, than what was available locally. Only one thing - I wasn't too happy about speedo in km, but you don't have that problem ha-ha.

Any idea of a good source for genuine Mercedes parts in the UK?
For plastic parts I would definitely go direct to MB - a few have their eBay shops and if you search for part numbers listed in the screenshot, you might get lucky ...
Looks like a new part would be about £17, which is not too cheap for a piece of plastic, I have to say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I know exactly what you mean - I imported an A190 from Japan to The Bahamas , when I lived in Nassau - it was a better car and much better value, than what was available locally. Only one thing - I wasn't too happy about speedo in km, but you don't have that problem ha-ha.

For plastic parts I would definitely go direct to MB - a few have their eBay shops and if you search for part numbers listed in the screenshot, you might get lucky ...
Looks like a new part would be about £17, which is not too cheap for a piece of plastic, I have to say.

Hi David,
Can you help me find the part number for my car, please? It is a 2011 B180; Petrol 1.7 (245.232) (85kw/116HP); W245; chassis number WDD2452322J680576; K-no: 24806; Engine: M266E17. And can you advise on the best place to buy parts in the UK? I have a UK address I can send it to in Southhall, Middlesex

Appreciate the help.
Sorry if I am repeating myself not certain if this message got through the first time.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
A few links:

This one is brand new and only £10:

Also remember, if the rubber bits perished that much, the holding clips will, most likely disintegrate completely, when you remove the trims, so either get a new set, or look for replacement trims with clips intact.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
As far as I know, the shape and fixing points are the same for all 245 models, it's only colour and attached (if any) model designation / trim variants that are different.
However these are the exact part numbers for your VIN:

Product Rectangle Font Slope Line

If you have a UK address, I would definitely get that brand new right hand side cover for a tenner, and then match the part for the left side, i.e. get A1696903987

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's awesome, thanks!

I purchased the new part on Ebay, for which you sent the link, at 9.99 and asked him if he has the passenger side.

Can you send me the part number for item 60 the grommets and clip please?

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
Yes, I've seen it disappeared - well done (y):)
Sure - the part number is A000 991 60 98 - single part number for two bits, four sets required for each side.
This can actually be sourced from AliExpress, though could be hit and miss, as always, or again - directly from MB.
Oh, and this is your datacard:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I appreciate those details. I have no English manual for the car and have spent hours looking up everything I can about the controls and features. I found oud out about the press and hold lock and unlock to open or close all windows, for instance (pretty cool).
You seem knowledgeable so I want to ask you about the following:
I found the hidden service menu and deleted some service items by mistake. Now it displays Service C (what happened to A and B?) Do you know what the other items mean in this hidden menu and do you know how to add new service items? I know how to cancel items but can I retrieve deleted ones or is too late?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi David,
I checked with the local dealer for the part. here is what they said:
The part would have to be ordered from Singapore and take approx. 2 weeks to arrive. The cost is $147. Let me know if you would like to go ahead.
So looks like I will be buying my parts in the UK....
I checked all the google hits for passenger side panel but haven't found a new one yet. I have the part number to match the one I bought on Ebay. It is Panel Trim A1696903987

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I've seen it disappeared - well done (y):)
Sure - the part number is A000 991 60 98 - single part number for two bits, four sets required for each side.
This can actually be sourced from AliExpress, though could be hit and miss, as always, or again - directly from MB.
Oh, and this is your datacard:
I have purchased from AliExpress occasionally but it is difficult to search since you don't know what they would have called it. If you ever run across the grommets and clips on Aliexpress please send me a link.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
I have purchased from AliExpress occasionally but it is difficult to search since you don't know what they would have called it. If you ever run across the grommets and clips on Aliexpress please send me a link.
Just search for W169 W245 exterior trim clips - this is what you need:

Obviously not at that price - I would still just get these from Mercedes.
Mercedes-Benz Grangemouth offers discount to MB forum members - +44 1324 686002, ask for Steven Kilgannon - his email is: his first name DOT surname @ arnoldclark.com

I have the part number to match the one I bought on Ebay. It is Panel Trim A1696903987
Yup, that's what I said - see the last sentence of message #8 :p

Thanks I appreciate those details. I have no English manual for the car and have spent hours looking up everything I can about the controls and features. I found oud out about the press and hold lock and unlock to open or close all windows, for instance (pretty cool).
You seem knowledgeable so I want to ask you about the following:
I found the hidden service menu and deleted some service items by mistake. Now it displays Service C (what happened to A and B?) Do you know what the other items mean in this hidden menu and do you know how to add new service items? I know how to cancel items but can I retrieve deleted ones or is too late?
Here's the Owner's Manual for W245 ...
As to service designations - they're never sequential, and a letter will indicate what other items due with the basic (one spanner) or major (two spanners) scheduled service.
Not sure what exactly you've deleted, but sounds more like you marked something that was due as completed?
You can run the car through Mercedes Electronic Service Sheet and it will tell you (for a UK spec car) what would be due as standard - you can then decide whether this was done, or assume it wasn't, and get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi David,
Thanks so much for the Owner's manual. This is very close match to my vehicle. I have a different, simpler, center console but the rest is a perfect match.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle Font

The Electronic Service sheet is a great tool thanks!

Regarding the maintenance menu. I went into Cancel Single items several times while exploring and when trying to back out I deleted items listed in there.
Font Gas Machine Signage Sign

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,364 Posts
Ha, I'm surprised Japanese version was specified without Parktronic, or extra security, or heated seats for that matter (the only option I haven't on my old A200).
I don't suppose you'll miss heated seats in NZ :LOL:

The only reason to go into service menu is to mark service items you've actually completed as, well - completed.

Just ignore what you've deleted and go by the ESS recommendations for your forthcoming service - the required items will reset after the service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I agree. Normally Japanese imports are loaded with options but this one is a basic package. I bought it because of the condition of the body and interior - it is in mint condition except for a few exterior plastic components. and it was cheap - just a little over 2800 pounds. I live in the North Island and the climate here is truly temperate. Typically 14-22 C (58-72 F) year round with very short periods of highs and lows. For a Canadian it is paradise. The South Island can be a bit colder but the air is quite dry in the winter so close to home (Canada) but milder.
I read what I could about the service menu and I agree. I don't need to go into it unless I want to mark a service as complete and that will be handy since I can do basic maintenance myself: Engine Air filter; Cabin filter; fluid checks etc...and for a Service B at the local MB dealer, which is essentially an oil change and a few checks, they want $450NZD (230 Pounds!). Forget that. I will find a good mechanic to change the oil.
Having said that I am curious by nature and am the type to read the manuals from A to Z so I still want to understand what the other screens relate to in the maintenance menu so will keep digging. There are obvious ones: engine number; VIN but I want to know about the others. There must be a shop manual around that describes them.
Rectangle Font Gas Technology Book Font Watch Gas Display device Electronic signage Rectangle Font Gas Electronic signage Electronic device Brown Book Publication Font Book cover Font Electronic signage Display device Electronic device Technology .

·
Registered
2008 B170
231 Posts
I bought my B170 for similar reasons as you, it had 23,000 km ex Japan. I do all my own servicing, oil filters etc. The only shop manual around is the genuine MB one which isn’t available to us mortals.

·
Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
11,056 Posts
Hi David,
Can you help me find the part number for my car, please? It is a 2011 B180; Petrol 1.7 (245.232) (85kw/116HP); W245; chassis number WDD2452322J680576; K-no: 24806; Engine: M266E17. And can you advise on the best place to buy parts in the UK? I have a UK address I can send it to in Southhall, Middlesex

Appreciate the help.
Sorry if I am repeating myself not certain if this message got through the first time.

Please complete your BW registration. ===> user CP profile..this info helps us....thanks..
====>
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts