Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B170 face lifted 2008 model.
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm curious about modding the B170. besides outlooks. What other mods that can be done to the b170? ecu remap cost around 600-800USD here. bodykit cost around 2500USD for a brabus one. its kinda costly. any other mods can fellow members here suggest?

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
What is your purpose, what do you want to achieve? That should inform your plans. Probably with a B 170, a remap would be a waste of money, you probably wouldn't get more HP than a B 200, which is no powerhouse either.

Cosmetic modifications might be more rewarding?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot mike. :) mainly for higher torque. i wanna get a higher torque. is there anyway to increase that? cosmetic sort of mods are really rare here as well. hard to find. unless its custom made.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The fast way to torque would have been to buy the turbo diesel or the petrol turbo. A remap on a naturally aspirated car like the B 170, you might gain 5% if you are very lucky.

·
Registered
B 180
11 Posts
Remapping is bang for buck for forced induction engines, for NA engines the gains are not worth it.
The torque curve will not move after a remap on a NA, but HP will peak slightly higher at higher rpm. A B170 it's never going to be a hot hatch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoa guys, thanks alot for the comments and advices. :D i've always thought that remapping the ecu would give me increase in torque and hp which i can feel. but it doesnt seems so after the advices from you guys. now, how about bodykits? or cosmetic mods? so far i've only saw one B-class with bodykit, its really hard to find a proper and nice bodykit which isnt so costly.

·
Registered
b class 180 petrol
31 Posts
Mike and guys, what about the b180? Would a remap also be pointless? FYI - there is no 'quick way' to more torque for us in Malaysia unfortunately as Mercedes does not sell anything better than the 180 petrol here. So we need to take all the torque we can, anyway we can.

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
You could add a turbo! Unfortunately you'd need a custom ecu remap and there's not many out there that can write Mercedes software. So no point doing that.

For cosmetics, there's Lorinser, of course Brabus (both of them expensive) and I bought my roof spoiler (OEM style) and rear diffuser from Lester Tuning at a reasonable price.

LESTER .::. Autotuning .::.

Anthony

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
Just a regular body shop.

Anthony

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
I'd look into the price of an engine from somewhere else (i.e. Canada or Europe or a country close by) that has the turbo engines. Sometimes insurance companies write off cars with not too much damage.

·
Registered
b class 180 petrol
31 Posts
Thanks Paolo. Easier said than done unfortunately. Permits are required to import cars into my country (even for used cars) and those permits cost a bomb. Guess I will have to be satisfied with the performance my B180 is giving me now. Its still a GREAAAT car!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts