Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 SL500 (7k miles) is due soon for B service. Two M-B dealers in my area want around $580 for the service. Is anything cosmic performed during a B service that can't be routinely done by a typical indy garage that specializes in German cars?

·
Registered
2005 SL 500
290 Posts
$580 wow what a rip off. and i had the nerve to complain about my dealer charging me around $350.
you can find the list on 1 of mb's website of what they actually do, i think someone posted it on here somewhere. do a search. they really don't do much but change the oil, filter, top off some fluids and check a few items, a real rip off.

but many will say you have to deal with it to prevent mb from denying a warranty claim in the future. if you do have an outside shop do it make sure you get a detailed receipt to protect yourself!

·
Registered
13 Posts
They change the oil and filter, top off the windshield washer fluid, change wipers, change dust filter and then they do a through inspection of the car. some examples are, check for leaks, check thrust arm bushings, check ball joints, check valve cover gaskets, etc.

·
Registered
1995 SL 500 2017 AMG GLC 43
936 Posts
I agree with MINI 280. At the B service on my wife's 05 SL, the mechanic I always ask for when I have my vehicles serviced performed the normal routine but also found two items that were covered under warranty. The Indy can't do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts