• 66 and over

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just curious to know how old are you guys/gals. Feel free to post you exact age if you wish.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
This is funny...someone on the German smart car forum posted that the B Class is a "Van for Retirees". We'll see if he's right. So far, not really.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's my wife's car and she's 36. We use her car on the weekend to drive the family (two girls aged 7 and 4). I'm 38. Far from being a "Van for Retirees".

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey I think we need another poll…how old were you when you bought your B…because I just jumped from one age bracket to another.:p

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am a retiree and if wanted a Porsche, I would have bought one.

I have owned many Mercedes cars over the years and I chose the B and so far, I think it is the best Mercedes for my purposes.

If the B had sliding doors, it would be a mini-minivan. But it does not have sliders - so it is a station wagon
( Estate). The station wagon has newly regained favour with the motoring public, who appreciate a practical vehicle but eschew huge-mongous, fat-assed, vision-blocking, road-hogging, gas-guzzling SUVs. Take that. :p
To end on a more serious note, the B is a good choice for anyone in need of a safe, comfortable, fuel efficient and flexible vehicle - regardless of age. :)
My only regret is that the B was not available when I was 27, married and with two kids.

·
Registered
377 Posts
BeeClass expresses my feelings to a 'T'. Unlike him, though, I still crave that Porsche... don't know why really - they are soooo uncomfortable. I still suprise myself after driving the B (non-turbo) for a year now in terms of how much out and out FUN the B is to drive. I tried the turbo version.... just too twitchy off the mark for my tastes.

cheers, guenter - over the hill at 60

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
guenter

Over the Hill at 60 no way!!! I think Beeclass, myself, Keith and others ( Derek appears to be the youngest in the forum ) have to disagree with you. The signpost for the hill is still a long way down the road. If Mick Jagger can do it so can we. Still cruise along listening to Led Zepplin.

Bill

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Thanks Bill, The checks in the mail!
Yes it's absolutely true if you listen to Joanne, then I,m:elefant: definitely the youngest in this forum! :D:D:D:D
But on occasion I do enjoy listening to Moody Blues, Tull, Bill Justice??(anybody know the flip side of Raunchy), SuperTramp. Allen Parsons Project, Animals, Doors, Chambers Brothers, CCR, Cream, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Kinks, Mantovani, Pink Floyd, Styx, Yard Birds, Zombies and a million others that would run off this page!!:D:D:D:

Anybody know the flip side of Raunchy???? Bill, this might not be as easy as the last time. Good Luck!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
...this is my third day of 22. And I'm glad having the B no matter what others are saying that it is for retirees. I guess I know better :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think in Canada the B is targeting for younger audiences who typically won't consider getting a Benz because of price.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
CA-B200 Wow, tell me how you did that!!
I thought I'd have to post pics of both sides of my 45. "Good job":thumbsup: because I was trying to find a way to download that song and not because it's good.
When I was young(younger), I would listen to both sides of that 45 and strangely enough enjoyed it. Cheers, Derek

Bill, you did come a very close second. Thanks to all.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts