Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 e500 4Matic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kno you can auto put up and down ya windows wit the smart key but mines works sometimes , is there any reason for this or is their a way to reset it or fix this ??? anyone knowz ???

car iz a ...
2004 e500 4matic

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Are you properly pointing to the IR receiver on the door with your key? This feature does not work over the radio.

If you are doing that, the IR receiver at the door is probably failing (if you don't have issues starting the car, the IR part of the smart key is working).

Of course it could also be a dead (almost) battery in the key (you know the battery is not needed to start the car). You can test the key battery, see instructions from your user guide.

·
Registered
2004 e500 4Matic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still not working

battery iz fine
i tried and it doesnt work with either remote , (i have a spare key)
is there anything else that can cause this or anything else i can try ??

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
battery iz fine
i tried and it doesnt work with either remote , (i have a spare key)
is there anything else that can cause this or anything else i can try ??
Do you have an IR window on both front doors? Could try on the other side.

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
some1 need 2 lern englishes? ya kno wat i meen? shanizzle

·
Registered
'13 E350
198 Posts
I kno you can auto put up and down ya windows wit the smart key but mines works sometimes , is there any reason for this or is their a way to reset it or fix this ??? anyone knowz ???

car iz a ...
2004 e500 4matic
Windows out of sync ?
Try re-synchronizing your windows, ( check your manual for detailed instructions )
T.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Windows out of sync ?
Try re-synchronizing your windows, ( check your manual for detailed instructions )
T.
That is a good point generally on the window issue but the OP stated "it sometimes works and sometimes does not". I concluded that it would not be a sync issue but perhaps it was working sometimes when the windows had been synchronised and sometimes when battery had been taken off, it did not.

It would be essential to post everything that might be related when asking a question.

·
Registered
2004 e500 4Matic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry i didnt explain it clear enuff

when i said it worked b4 i meant that it worked out the blue once but never worked again.

I tried to re sync the windows and also check to make sure remote battery was good.

it still doesnt work

any other ideas on what to do ?

·
Registered
2003 E500 sport
145 Posts
try the other side of the car. my keyless go works fine but i cant unlock or lock the drivers side door but it works perfect on all the other doors so from what i read on here my door handle is bad. but the windows work when i point it at the passenger door you just have to be really close.i had a 00 jaguar s type v8 with the same feature and it worked from far away so i dont know why mercedes made it to where i have to be real close. so most likely its your door handle if all your batterys are good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts