Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a B-100 machine that was given to me and i cant find any data on it like as to how to use it ...my friend who gave it to me knows nothing about it....his son had him buy it and then he passed away and the father gave it to me.....i is on its own trailer hitch with wheels and he has a 55gallon drum of methynol or whatever that stuff is...and he has a lil bag of lye.

I cant find the company they bought it from ,but it was about 2 grand he said and i have pix....any one know anything about it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300SD/1996 E320/1992 300TE
47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely check out that manufacturer and then read EVERYTHING in this link 2 or 3 times and start making your own biodiesel. That, or sell it to me for cheap and let me tow it home on my way back from Cali. Because dang, making biodiesel has been my plan for a while. I'm going to have to make a smaller capacity processor from scratch, I can't justify buying a new premade one.

·
Registered
1981 240D
858 Posts
yeah man, if i wasn't on the other side of the country i'd offer you some bucks for that. I'm planning my processor right now and all the plumbing seems a bit daunting. here's another GREAT site www.biodieselcommunity.org LOTS of great info. Also, "girl mark" has a nice book available on localb100.com

Congrats on the freebie...I'd love to have it.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that site has no info of this machine guys ive searched before for the people that make it

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Are you planning on giving us discounts when that thing is up and running? :D Hey if you decide to get an old MB truck with a large tank, we could go cross-country with it and your biodiesel stuff. :D

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone in the area willing to help with the machine is free to use it all they want ...i may even have a pit stop where they can come in and use it.....i really want to use it but my friend who gave it to me said his son made a real good batch of biodiesel with it and a real BAD batch....the bad batch made his car shake and smoke.

I want to run it the right way and have never used it...im kinda scared coz im poor and dont want to mess up my car...found out the ip was just a leaky vacuum line going to it so the car is in good running order nothing needs to be replaced.

Any one will to help me run the machine gets fuel....i have a few hook ups already where i can get oil so thats not a prob.

916-821-0460 i really just want to get ahold of who made it so it gets used the right way or find the directions....they all work about the same guys ,but they arent all the same so other sites wont work.

THANKS!

·
Registered
‘83 380SL
1,401 Posts
kstorti said:
check out http://www.freedomfuelamerica.com/ They have links to manufacturers of these machines.
FUELMEISTER, FUELMACHINE WHAT EVER they are all death traps the only reliable one is the appleseed based ones.. fumeless, steel tanks.. not HDPE which can melt and deform.. highly unsafe they arent fumeless and they are overpriced

2 grand for that piece of crap.. man they were screwed royaly.. my appleseed cost me only 200$ and that was with a damaged water heater. . had a nice scar no damage to the internal tank... man i could make like . 10 appleseeds for the price of that death wagon

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
this machines from link are very expensive if you buy a 3000 dolar machine to make bio diesel how long will it take you to make this money back 3 years . if you get machine for free its a good deal

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
old man found the directions and i guess it comes with a small test kit to test your wvo before you use it and to check quality

·
Registered
1981 240D
858 Posts
what protocol does it give for testing quality? I've found using a hydrometer to test specific gravity is the most simple thing to do. Other people look at seperation and pH of the wash water. People at my school run an IR reflectance and flashpoint analysis, but homebrewers obviously can't do that... I'm looking for the best test possible so i don't screw up my IP

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im thinking of selling it and making a filter kit like geasecar has....just i would make a few mods like a smal diesel tank and use the main tank for wvo.

i dont like the extra pounds......also its better for the car.

·
Registered
1981 240D
858 Posts
DieselKraut22 said:
im thinking of selling it and making a filter kit like geasecar has....just i would make a few mods like a smal diesel tank and use the main tank for wvo.

i dont like the extra pounds......also its better for the car.
what about biodiesel would add a few extra pounds? a wvo kit would do that.

i would also dispute that wvo is better for your engine than biodiesel. biodiesel retains a lot of the good lubricating properties of wvo but is far less viscous and easier on your fuel delivery systems because of that.

·
Registered
‘83 380SL
1,401 Posts
dont use that thing.. you can probably use the tanks for setteling oil and thats it.. anything else it will either melt or cause a fire eventually..

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im just thing of getting rid of it and cashing in on the darn things ...if i sell it for a grand its still cheaper then how much they cost offline.......bottom line is im lazy and dont want to mess with mixing and so on.

svo isnt lighter i just ment make a cool filter kit and not have to 15 gallon tanks ....thats to much

1 - 18 of 18 Posts