Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and some friends have been granted rights to controlling the population of deer and pigs on a large ranch. Pretty much no limit on how much can be eradicated because of a real serious problem with the numbers running around. Condition is only use high power air rifles which we have using Scuba tanks as air source or use a bow/arrow.

So far we’ve made steaks and sausage out of them, but me myself have never been too excited about venison, although this taste better than other deer I’ve tried, but still....

On another note, 40 days until Lobster season, can’t wait.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Venison steaks with a raspberry coulis (sp). Mmm... Mmm . Mmm

I grew up in the English New Forest where, until The Human Rights Act of 2000, "killing the King's deer" was still technically a hanging offence.

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it weren’t for my total dislike for fruit that is tart, I might have tried that.

Surely a Texan would have multiple pointers for Axis deer, since I recall them being a problem there too.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
^ they just seem to make them into sausage around here. No imagination.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
So far we’ve made steaks and sausage out of them, but me myself have never been too excited about venison, although this taste better than other deer I’ve tried, but still....
Pity you're not closer, man. I'd take all the venison you didn't want.

Every year, I allow a friend to set up a "deer stand" on my Michigan property for bowhunting. The cost to him is one hind leg from each kill. Last year, we had 5 sliced in the freezer.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
My in-laws have a 300 odd acre ranchette in East Texas they raise hamburgers in waiting on. Stepson takes about half a dozen bucks a year. All made into sausage or jerky.

·
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got left behind for the fishing tournament because too busy, but have some Mahi Mahi coming. Sure to be plenty more photos taunting me for not going. This small Marlin got away.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
If it weren’t for my total dislike for fruit that is tart, I might have tried that.

Surely a Texan would have multiple pointers for Axis deer, since I recall them being a problem there too.
Father in law has a freezer full of meat ready to give to us apparently. Hopefully some Bambi and wild pig meat but most likely half of one of the grass fed black Angus steers from his ranch.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Good sized deer. I thought axis deer were small. Maybe it’s fallow deer I was picturing.
Sorry no help on recipes. I like plain ‘ol steaks.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
All you need is a few Burmese Pythons. Florida has a few they don't want. Only downside being that YOU may become the prey. I hear they taste good and you can make all kinds of stuff from their skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
lupoelsker
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing