Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Those are awesome pictures indeed!

Especially of the Silver cab with the ash top on the CLK55 Cabriolet. Got one of those babies on order, but I'm not holding my breath. My dealership was honest with me and said that if they get one (or two)they will go to folks who have been buying cars from them for years, or someone that they need to give a favor to.<p>At least they're up front with me. Plus I get to drive the E55 until the other comes in. (unless I decide to be practical and keep it)<br>Sometime in 2002. maybe.<p>Aaron<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Those are awesome pictures indeed!

That CLK55 caught my eye as well ... very nice combo. <p>I thought it was pretty cool to see all the E-shells on the racks awaiting the 'transformation'. I knew that all E55 engines are hand built, but I didn't realize that the SAME PERSON builds the ENTIRE engine, from start to finish. <p>Do you think the M5 is built the same way? NOT !!! (that's likely why they experience so many problems).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Those are awesome pictures indeed!

Do BMW's really go through transmissions? I was reading an article last year in Road and Track. They did a long term test on a 540i with the 6speed manual. They blew out the transmission in the first year, but they assumed it was because it was 'driven hard'. Aren't you supposed to drive them hard??<p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts