Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benzo;<br>You have the C320 Avantgarde ie; Sport Package. You will be unique in one respect; the badges...Luck You!!! See below:<p> In the Avantgarde version, the new C-class displays its most dynamic side, with blue tinted glass, textured aluminium interior trim and 16-inch alloy wheels. The bumpers and side sills have a unique design that also emphasises the avant-garde character of this model variant. <p>Here in the U.S., we will get two of the three trim versions marketed elsewhere. Our standard cars will be outfitted as Elegance models (but not called that), which sport top-of-the-line luxo-level leather-and-wood duds, and our Sport package, which gets wheel and suspension upgrades, will take the so-called Avantgarde interior trim, which features textured aluminum inlays instead of glossy timber.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Benzo;<br>The wheel and tire sizes are:<br>FRONT <br>8,5 x 19 +35 offset with 235/35-19 <br>REAR <br>9,5 x 19 +35 offset with 265/30-19<p>BRABUS Monoblock V, spoke design, 8,5Jx19, modular, tires 235/35 ZR 19, optionally 9,5Jx19 modular rear with 265/30 ZR 19<p><br>I am waiting for my wheels [with the sizes mentioned aboved] to come in....CAN'T WAIT!!!<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took delivery of my 01 C320 , fully loaded , all options including COMAND.<br>My question is , the car has AVANTGARDE badging on it , sits a bit lower it seems to me . <br>BUt , it did in fact come with all the AVANTGARDE badging from the factory , even the dealer was a lil dumbfounded when he saw it and had to ask as to what it was. The GM had to come in and tell me what it was , even said if I hadn't already paid for the car as I had ordered it , he woulda asked more money for it , it he BSing or is this really rare to have on the car??????

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert , thank you very much for the info.<br>I have another question , first off , what wheels are those on the picture you posted and what size are they.<br>Also , maybe a listing if you know of what wheels from AMG will fit on the car and upto what sizes?????I have taken a liking to the wheels on the C320 in the pic , I'd like a deep dish look in the back.<br>But I would really (as would others) like to know what wheels we can fit on the C class that are AMG as so to keep in the theme of the car and not have to go to the aftermarket like brabus , etc . <br>Any info on this would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about some AMG wheel specs.....I like the thiner monoblock from AMG , I believe it is the CL atyle , only in 17 and 19 if I am correct.<br>I know that the 17 clk55 rims will fit with out a problem , but the E55 18's are a differant offset , but , is there an 18' monoblock for the C class as I had heard , I want to have all my options on the AMG rims available , but are really looking forward to using an 18 instead of a 17 , robert..........<p>Sorry for all the questions , but Ill tell you what , if you ever wanna fly , well swap info on how to make a SBC FLYYYYYYYY , LOL , thanks for all your help rob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: AVANTGARDE C-class and AMG wheels...

Robert is right, the Avantgarde badges were put on accidentally. They car should have "Sport" badges as that is what it's called in the U.S.<p>The AMG wheels from the picture are officially called AMG Monoblock Styling III (aka CL-style, or W215-style, or W203-style). They fit the C-class in the following configurations:<p>a) 7.5Jx17ET37 with 225/45R17 tires front and rear<br>b) 7.5Jx17ET37 with 225/45R17 tires front<br> 8.5Jx17ET30 with 245/40R17 tires rear<p>Alternatively, you can also use the AMG Monoblock Styling I (from the CLK430/SLK Sport), AMG Monoblock Styling II (from the C43/CLK55) or the AMG Multipiece Styling III (from the CLK55 cabrio). The wheel width, diameter, and tire sizes are the same, although the offsets are slightly different.<p>You can see all of the wheels at the following link.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: AVANTGARDE C-class and AMG wheels...

If that's the case, I think its kinda cool! Seems unusual to me that the factory would put on the wrong badging, I doubt it adds any value, but it does make a neat conversation piece!<p>: Robert is right, the Avantgarde badges were put on accidentally. They car should have "Sport" badges as that is what it's called in the U.S.<p>The AMG wheels from the picture are officially called AMG Monoblock Styling III (aka CL-style, or W215-style, or W203-style). They fit the C-class in the following configurations:<p>a) 7.5Jx17ET37 with 225/45R17 tires front and rear<br>b) 7.5Jx17ET37 with 225/45R17 tires front<br> 8.5Jx17ET30 with 245/40R17 tires rear<p>Alternatively, you can also use the AMG Monoblock Styling I (from the CLK430/SLK Sport), AMG Monoblock Styling II (from the C43/CLK55) or the AMG Multipiece Styling III (from the CLK55 cabrio). The wheel width, diameter, and tire sizes are the same, although the offsets are slightly different.<p>You can see all of the wheels at the following link.<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: car not rare at all, just badges, which anybody could buy.

Thing is , I didnt buy them , they were installed in germany and that is what would make the car unique and rare

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: car not rare at all, just badges, which anybody could buy.

He understands. What he meant was, although we know your badges are really installed by MB in Germany, anyone else could have the same "look" by buying them, thereby, removing any "uniqueness" your car may have once had.<p>Unless there is more to your car than simply badges.<p>: Thing is , I didnt buy them , they were installed in germany and that is what would make the car unique and rare<p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts