Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. These are not the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Winterize your MB
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
MB power ratings

Technical Topics:

MB Intake manifolds
MB Fuel injection system(s)
MB Exhaust manifolds
MB Headers
MB Fuel systems
MB Body kits conversions
MB Body repairs
MB Transmission removal
MB Safety ratings
MB Engine oil change
MB Transmission oil change
MB Differential oil change
MB Tire Wear
MB Tire Inspection & Rotation
MB Tire Alignment
MB Suspension Features
MB Springs
MB Shock Absorbers
MB Air Filter
MB Disc Brakes
MB Big Brake Conversion
MB Headlight Conversion
MB Headlight Swap
MB ipod adapter
MB Battery replacement

Common Problems:

MB engine stalling
MB engine won't start
MB engine oil leak
MB engine dies
MB engine knock
MB engine ticking noise
MB engine break-in period
MB engine codes
MB emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH EXCHANGE Editor and getting a pre-approval.

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
So is this car/van related or dose it extend into lorries and tractors (agri) made by Merc and not necessarily North American based?

Also you list “Available & Suggested Topics” however most of them could be split down even further relating to petrol or diesel or regional difference caused by different standards between North American & Europe etc spec.

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no restriction on geography or fuel type. The sub-forum structure will evolve to accommodate the articles submitted.

If you feel that agricultural topic is suitable to the membership here, then please feel free to submit.

Thanks... Don

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I think that you have a great idea, however how will the tech exchange replace the individual forum stickies, such as the 210. Thanks have a good holiday and good luck.

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that you have a great idea, however how will the tech exchange replace the individual forum stickies, such as the 210. Thanks have a good holiday and good luck.
Hi:

Thanks for your question. TECH Exchange does not replace individual forum stickies. Original posters may, at their option, submit such posts for inclusion in the TECH Exchange.

Best... Don

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
AF Don - will you be 'mining' the other forums for articles with a suitable 'how to' content and re publishing them here? There are many hints and tips for the diesel and gas engine variants or even transmission and suspension that might apply to other models than the originally published forum. ie GL 320/350 CDI/Blutec stuff surely has application to ANY Blutec engine, USA Canada or Europe as well as the obvious cross applications in GL - ML - R - and E class.:)

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
Hi:

Thanks for your question. TECH Exchange does not replace individual forum stickies. Original posters may, at their option, submit such posts for inclusion in the TECH Exchange.

Best... Don
Hello Don,

Im a regular at the R107 forum and have contributed a few vids to the sticky and would like to submit them to you for the Tech Exchange and earn some points! Let me know how to get these to you.

Thanks and happy holidays,
Renato

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
I'm thinking climate control - for the older cars that's a very common trouble area, and can be difficult to diagnose if you're not familiar with the systems involved.

I'm probably hung up on it because I'm a survivor of the dreaded ACCII setup from the late 70s.

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AF Don - will you be 'mining' the other forums for articles with a suitable 'how to' content and re publishing them here? There are many hints and tips for the diesel and gas engine variants or even transmission and suspension that might apply to other models than the originally published forum. ie GL 320/350 CDI/Blutec stuff surely has application to ANY Blutec engine, USA Canada or Europe as well as the obvious cross applications in GL - ML - R - and E class.:)
Certainly, tips and DIYs that have already been posted can be submitted for consideration. The submission must cone from the original poster, although recommendations can come from any member.

To be very frank, while I am a mechanical engineer with 15 years in the North American automotive industry, and another 5+ years in automotive publishing, I have no experience whatsoever with the MB line.

I will be looking for a local Editor to help out with the rollout of this project here.

Thanks... Don

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Don,

Im a regular at the R107 forum and have contributed a few vids to the sticky and would like to submit them to you for the Tech Exchange and earn some points! Let me know how to get these to you.

Thanks and happy holidays,
Renato
Hi Renato:

Thanks very much for offering your vids. We're always looking for that kind of thing.

Please check your PMs on how to move forward.

Best regards... Don

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
I do a lot of work on my car. Have done a lot in the past. Took pictures of it all. I could provide a huge amount of DIY articles. Send me a PM with some more info. I'd like to start doing this soon.

Scott

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts

Don, would THIS be akin to what you may be looking for? If so, the 107 Nation already has a compilation HERE with more than a few examples that may be acceptable for your project.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,977 Posts

Attachments

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,977 Posts

Attachments

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,977 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
89 300E; 00 E320
2,515 Posts
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. These are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.
Would this need proofreading?

·
Registered
2000 Vito 110CDI (never should have sold it), Current project 1999 V220 Ambient
379 Posts
This is great news. I have been thinking about putting some articles together for a while now. First I have to strip down my gearbox so I will document it when I do

·
TECH Exchange Editor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For all that are asking whether or not certain past work is acceptable, let me try and clarify some issues.

1) The real objective of the program is to generate new content. This helps to attract search engines and that helps to grow the community.

2) The very best of existing material may be used to "backfill" the new forums, but this practice will be discontinued after three months. Certainly, we do wish to reward those who have been significant contributors in the past, but there is a limit.

3) TECH Exchange posts are closed once available, which implies that they are reasonably complete and authoritative. If the topic requires ongoing discussion, it should be left in the open forums. If there is any kind of suggestion or dispute over the content, this should be handled via PM to the author, who can update the post as needed.

4) The topical content is intended to be either contemporary, or else timeless. I have posted an example of the latter in the Body section. This describes some basic uses for a multimeter. It is intended to be a fundamental introduction to the tool for those who have never used one before.

While the meter can also be used for diagnosis of electrical problems by measuring voltage drop, for example, this is a rather more advanced topic for the intended audience. Because of this, only the basics have been covered. To attempt too much more, might frustrate those who are already nervous about the topic.

Don

·
Premium Member
1986 190E 2.3-16, 1992 190E 2.3, 2015 GL350 BTC, and 2020 GLS450
2,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts