Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point I have officially gave up on trying to do anything else myself..

I just asking anyone here if they know of any available shops in my area I can take my C230?

My area is "Inland Empire, CA"

My problems so far with the car to my knowledge.

P0105: MAP Circuit Malfunction
P0341: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0400: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction
P1519: RH Adjustable Camshaft Timing Solenoid

As stated before in my posts I do have some OEM parts siting by.

1. Starter *NEW* - (eBay) - Brand: Bosch - Part #: SR0456X
2. Camshaft Position/Reference Mark Sensor; Front - (Autohausaz) - Brand: Hella - Part #: 0041530028
3. Fuel Pressure Regulator - (Autohausaz) - Brand: Bosch - Part #: 0280160587
4. Crankshaft Position Sensor - (eBay) - Brand:Meyle - Part #:0148990042

Well that's about it.. :surrender: :bowdown: :surrender: :bowdown:

Thank You

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor Special Edition
1,173 Posts
1) - P0105: MAP Circuit Malfunction
2) - P0341: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
3) - P0400: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction
4) - P1519: RH Adjustable Camshaft Timing Solenoid

1- Check the vacuum hose that goes to your map sensor. It is located between the air intake tube going to your throttle body and the engine. It sits on a bracket atop the intake manifold. It is small, black and square and says "Denso" and "Benziner" on it. The vacuum hose on the bottom will eventurally tear, but you can easily get a new section of hose at any parts store and cut it to size and refit.

2- You can change your own Camshaft Position Sensor. It sits on the driver side of the engine, near the top, just behind the small front plastic cover. Use dielectric grease on the connection boots to keep it sealed. It comes off
with two torx bolts. Easy job.

3 - You will need to see a good indy for this one. EGR is a must-do at about 100,000 miles, and the supercharged C230's have a fairly complex system.

4- There is a magnet that sits at the very front of the engine head. Since it is a four-cylinder, there is only one bank of pistons, so even though the code says "right side" - there is only one. It gets gunked up with oil. There are several DIY articles, it is also easy. The part unscrews with three allen bolts and when you replace it clean up all the oil with lint free towels. Then be sure to use a bead of Rensosil around the new sensor in order to seal it up good. That magnet is how we have "adjustable valve timing."

http://www.everythingbenz.com/z/part/1190510077-mercedes-camshaft-adjuster-magnet

M111 Leaky Cam Sensor Replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

Be careful for the water temperature sensor, because the plastic will be brittle and you may damage it. It is just in front of the cam magnet. It's cheap and you can replace it yourself very easily.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1659960-1997-c230-p0141.html#post5324848

I have already replaced both the camshaft sensor and the camshaft magnet.

However the Camshaft sensor was not a OEM, this is the sensor I bought which is currently on the car now - "Aftermarket - Standard Motor Part".

After I found this out I went ahead and bought the camshaft sensor from Autohauz (Hella Brand), just never installed it.

The Camshaft Adjuster was also bought and installed "Engine Camshaft Timing Adjuster Trucktec 06933047734".

I used to only have one CEL code when I installed the oxygen sensor, it was only P0341 left..

Pictures of the old camshaft magnet can be seen here.

http://myc230benz.shutterfly.com/pictures/33 - OLD CAMSHAFT ADJUSTER.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my dad switch out the Aftermarket Camshaft Sensor and Install the Hella Camshaft sensor...

2. Camshaft Position/Reference Mark Sensor; Front - (Autohausaz) - Brand: Hella - Part #: 0041530028

And to my surprise one of the codes disappeared (of course after clearing the codes with my scanner)

So now I only have these codes.

1) - P0105: MAP Circuit Malfunction
2) - P0400: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction
3) - P1519: RH Adjustable Camshaft Timing Solenoid

:thumbsup: Good-bye P0341! :surrender: hopefully... :crybaby2:

Now where to go from here?...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts