Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased this 300E (1987). I truly love this car more with every mile I drive it. Are all MB of this level of quality engineering?

Anyway- the aux fan was fried when I bought the car- wouldn't hold a fuse. I have replaced it and the new fan runs real well...and all the time. Won't shut off unless I unplug it. Any ideas? Now that I have the A/C compressor operational I need this fan to work correctly. Thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL, i just had the same problem on my 1987 300e and just found the soultion, its the thing on the top of the motor to the right with 2 wires hooked to it and one on the back of this little sensor thing , i unhooked it and my fan started doing what it was suppost to do and my AC now works! :) oh i believe its a coolent temp sensor or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes! unhook the one wire with two wires side by side in the front of the sensor until u can get a new one. and i dont think people realize yet but this is allot to do with the cold start problem and having to crank more than once to turn the car on because it seemed to fix my problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It does indeed shut the fan off. I shall now replace it and see if things work correctly. I shall return!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup,changing the 3-pronged switch about mid-way back atop the head cures an auxillary fan that won't shut off. I am assuming it will come on when the car heats up. We'll see. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup,changing the 3-pronged switch about mid-way back atop the head cures an auxillary fan that won't shut off. I am assuming it will come on when the car heats up. We'll see. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts