Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 E320 4matic. The hose going from the aux. pump to engine has a huge bulge that looks like it could go any second.

Does anyone know the hose inside diameter or aux pump outlet diameter? I want to splice a piece of hose in while waiting on the molded replacement to be delivered. Thanks ahead of time 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Little research and I found it. It's .625 from the aux pump all the way the the engine end where it goes up to .95 inches. But I need a temporary mend in the 5/8 section only so it's all good

Registered
You can wrap it with several layers of electrical tape.

Are you sure it's not just a bubble on the outer rubber shield? Mine has that.

I think the shield is there to give the hose extra protection from the alternator. Mine was starting to rub on it when the motor mounts were wearing out. Check your bottom radiator hose also to make sure it's not rubbing on the chassis.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to check it closer this morning. I did notice it had a protective sleeve, but didn't see where it was rubbing on any thing.

And thanks for the heads up on the lower hose. I gave them all a quick once over when I saw the above mentioned one, but I'll look at the lower closer

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it was just the outer sheath that bubbled. Once I checked it cold, I could very readily feel the hose under the bubble. When I checked it warm, it felt spongy like it was fluid filled. But nope. I have never seen anything like that.

Registered
The new replacement hose now has a fabric sheath instead of a rubber one. It's too dark outside for me to take a picture of the bubble on mine right now. Maybe Kensk74 will post one before I do tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the new replacement hose:
20190911_202829.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
260e crusier
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing