Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd like to install my portable MD through<br> the aux input of my C320 Command System.<br> I really appreciate if anyone can give me a hint<br> (photos), hardware needed, to have this hook up.<br> Some has been said that there is an aux input through the glovebox but I could not find one.<br> Thanks for your time,<br> <br> Tsai_hill<br> 01 C320

·
Registered
1 Posts
Audio jack

In my 2002 E320 with Comand 2.0 the audio jack is on the right-hand side of the glove box (nb my car is RHD!).

Works beautifully with an MP3 player.

Stuart

·
Registered
e430
10 Posts
re: audio input.

how do you tell the command radio to change to aux. input? in the...

re: audio input.

how do you tell the command radio to change to aux. input? in the gobe compartment.

·
Registered
ML55, E55, CL500
14 Posts
Select SYS and then select Aux option and off you go.....

Select SYS and then select Aux option and off you go..

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
I tried the AUX jack in the glove box. It did not work with my iPod. Any clues?
Do you mean you did not get any sound even if you selected the aux port as advised above? Then it sounds like an issue with your iPod cable or settings.

If you expected iPod control from the cluster when your iPod was connected to the aux port, you expected something that was not even intended to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I mean no sound came out at all. I tried my iPod in an AUX jack on a home stereo and it worked fine, but not through my car sound system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a Mercedes A 150 with a Audio 20 system without a CD changer and no AUX input. Is there any way I can have just a AUX socket installed? Please help! I have been to Mercedes, and they say that they only install a Ipod docking system which is something I don't need. All I need is to install a AUX input socket

Help will be appreciated :)

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Odd, there is even a retrofit guide for an AUX input for this car (it must be a W169?).

There are a few wiring harness options, with your VIN it would be possible to find out the right one for your car.

You should be able to install it yourself if you have some basic experience with cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts