Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 E320. I do have a 3.5mm jack in the glove box. I have connected my phone via Bluetooth (COMAND module in seat-center console), but this iteration only supports telephone functions. My issue is that I cannot find a way to choose AUX Input in order to play music or podcasts from my phone.

Note: I am not interested in a new stereo/nav system for this vehicle. I simply want to know how to use what I’ve got.

Thank you!

·
Registered
35,800 Posts
I am not good with electronics, but what I read - MB did not make command center who would play music from the phone till about 2010.
The phones installed in those years are outdated and no longer useable.
Navi is pretty outdated too and I can only wonder if MB offers updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I actually DID figure out how to access aux input (I had to push the audio button more than once...). So, as annoying as the mysterious nature of MB bells and whistles can be, MB engineers were pretty forward thinking to have this feature available in a car from 21 years ago!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 1999 E320. I do have a 3.5mm jack in the glove box. I have connected my phone via Bluetooth (COMAND module in seat-center console), but this iteration only supports telephone functions. My issue is that I cannot find a way to choose AUX Input in order to play music or podcasts from my phone.

Note: I am not interested in a new stereo/nav system for this vehicle. I simply want to know how to use what I’ve got.

Thank you!
Wait, how did you connect the COMAND module to your 99 e320? I have a 99e320 and it doesn't not look like I can use a COMAND module. Is there a trick to get it connected?
Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts