Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SLK350, and i would like to conncet the Ipod to the AUX INPUT, anyone knows how to do that?

Thanks

Nuno

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow... didn't realize you could do that. Any idea whether the capability of attaching an external audio device like an iPOD is also available for US models outfitted with the Entertainment/Nav package?

Thx,
Jerry

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
1,410 Posts
GreenSLKGuy - 10/11/2004 9:51 AM

Wow... didn't realize you could do that. Any idea whether the capability of attaching an external audio device like an iPOD is also available for US models outfitted with the Entertainment/Nav package?

Thx,
Jerry
Yes as far as i know the US cars do have the AUX socket too

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know the BMW's have an optional connector for the glove box that allows one to use an iPod and have all the search functionality on the radio display, BUT I thought this was an exclusive arrangement between BMW and Apple for now. Are you sure you can operate the iPod menus through the COMMAND? Are you limited to pushing play on the iPod and simply listening through the COMMAND?
I would love to hear more detail on this topic; that would make the NAV system worth the $$ IMHO.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi djnuno, welcome to the site. If you go to profiles and enter your location details, you will find more people will respond to your requests.

Agent 1. [8D]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Others may know for sure, but I'm gonna guess that this connector simply routes the audio thru the car's system. You likely will have to control (and power) the iPOD separately.

We have the BMW system in our other car. It's terrific. Definitely wish Merc had the same functionality.

Jerry

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
1,410 Posts
TXSLK350 - 10/11/2004 7:15 PM
Are you sure you can operate the iPod menus through the COMMAND? Are you limited to pushing play on the iPod and simply listening through the COMMAND?
Nobody in this thread has stated that iPod menus can be controlled through COMAND! not sure how you have read that into it!

All COMAND can simply do is allow you to hook up external devices and control the volume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
ianx manchester
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing