Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
06 R500 Saks Fifth Special Edition
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was told that in 2001 CL 500 there is a AUX input jack in the glove box. But can not find it anywhere?

Please help !!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You were told the wrong thing. COMAND 2.5 does not support aux input.

You were told the wrong thing. COMAND 2.5 does not support aux input.

zb

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. But ....

The COMAND Manual that came with my 2001 CL500 clearly states the AUX input available and how to use it. But from the COMAND Display under "SVC", there is no option for the AUX. I showed it to my dealer and they are going to see if they can activate it.

You can connect the actaul cable for AUX on C2 Connector with Pins 4-5 13-14, so it should work...

I am taking my car in next week to have the dealer turn on AUX feature...

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Does the COMAND look like the one in your G? If so check your G under SVC. Does it have ...

Does the COMAND look like the one in your G? If so check your G under SVC. Does it have the aux option? Mine had this option before I installed the cable and the dealer didn't have to "activate" it.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Thanks for the info. But ....

The COMAND Manual that came with my 2001 CL500 clearly states the AUX input available and how to use it. But from the COMAND Display under "SVC", there is no option for the AUX. I showed it to my dealer and they are going to see if they can activate it.

You can connect the actaul cable for AUX on C2 Connector with Pins 4-5 13-14, so it should work...

I am taking my car in next week to have the dealer turn on AUX feature...
The likelihood that the manual is incorrect is far greater than your chance of getting a non-existent function activated by dealers who are pretty unfamiliar with the things they are supposed to be knowledgeable about...

But let us know how it goes next week! Thanks.

-s-

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The COMAND in CL is different than the one G500...more...

The COMAND in my 2002 G500 is same as the one in my 03 SL500 COMAND 2.0, but in my 01 CL500 the COMAND is the different, it is a COMAND 2.5, which is same as the one in the S Class...

[:D]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The COMAND in CL is different than the one G500...more...

The COMAND in my 2002 G500 is same as the one in my 03 SL500 COMAND 2.0, but in my 01 CL500 the COMAND is the different, it is a COMAND 2.5, which is same as the one in the S Class...

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: The COMAND in CL is different than the one G500...more...

You're not looking closely... the COMAND in the R230 SL is quite different from the COMAND in the G500, even though they are both COMAND 2.0 ... the bottom is flat on the SL.

But again, just let us know how it goes when it gets "activated". No need to debate it before it happens.

-s-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts