Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

361 - 376 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C32 AMG
8 Posts
Just some additional info here.

Enclosed find the drawing of the wires on the backside of the radio unit.
The white plug mentioned in several post is X39/36.

I have just installed my Aux and made a female mini jack input in the cupholder on the upper right side. I have only used 3 wires, Brown (BN) for the Ground and Black (BK) and Yellow (YE) for the right and left + input.

View attachment 183422
I just wanted to thank to OP and BeeQuu for the tips. I have a 2004 C32 AMG and I too had the white harness plug.

I took the tip from BeeQuu and made my own cable using a 3.5mm audio plug by cutting off one end, attaching female pins on the left, right, and ground wires. Then I heatshrinked some plastic tubing over them and attached them to the pinout of the existing white plug (per BeeQuu's diagram: 1-ground, 2-left speaker, 3-right speaker). However if you don't care about keeping the harness intact, it would certainly be easier to just cut off the harness and hardwire directly to the existing wires but be sure to note the pinout as my cables were not the colors mentioned in the wire diagram. If you look closely at the white plug you'll see raised numbers on the plug (1, 2, 3, & 4). BUT if this is super alien to you and you are not familiar with electrical I would just shell out the money for the harness. <i>This is for those who have modded before and want to save $40.</i>
I was able to take the 3.5mm audio cable and place it under the carpet of the passenger seat and pull the plug up into the center console cupholder cubby so I can charge the iPod with the 12v plug while I am playing it.
I am purchasing a bluetooth receiver (something like this: Amazon.com: Sunnest Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Audio Music Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output and Hands Free Call for Most Smartphones, Tablets, Audio Player, Car or Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System.: Cell Phones & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41jSYdkUbsL) to use with the 3.5mm plug for streaming from my phone. I could have just put the cable and receiver in the glove box, but again, I want to be able to access the 12V easily for charging the receiver as well. I'm so happy to not have to burn CDs anymore. THANKS! :D

·
Registered
1983 W126 280S, 1988 W124 300CE, 1991 W124 E300, 1995 W124 E200
218 Posts
Alright so i managed to take the player out and took it to the place where we have all the repair shops... looked around to find a solution thats better then Audio out cable and found this little chinese panel that they are installing in CAR CASSETTE PLAYERS nowadays to convert it into a USB/RADIO/Aux deck... Opened up the player, as the CDC option doesnt work and i couldnt figure out a way to make it work we simply disconnected the CD Audio points and connected it with this panel... so now i keep my Audio 20 on CD with any cd running inside and it plays sound from this panel...

It needs power, gave it from the Audio 20
USB works, theres no screen so its basic control with play/pause/rewind/forward/next track
Radio works, reception is better then audio 20
Aux Cable works fine

ive found a blue tooth connector, similar to the post above this one and now blue tooth works as well :grin

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 - C280
2 Posts
My 07 C280 doesn't have that white plug at all .. I've gotten cable but no where to connect to I've reached and reached and moved everything no white plug my stereo says aux input .. Plz help tired of listening to cd's over and over

·
Registered
2007 C180 Sport
3 Posts
2007 C180 No pre-fitted socket

Just for info, I pulled the kick panel and scuff plate off mine hoping to find the legendary white plug (socket) but alas mine was not pre installed.
I pulled the stereo and followed the steps to add a connector to the rear of the stereo. (theres some great step by step posts re this!)
Put it all back together and now have a 3.5mm aux input via CDC. Volume is a little lower true, but theres some software out there that can assist with this when loading your mp3s on your device.
Ive ordered a Bluetooth interface that plugs into the 3.5mm jack plug (off ebay around $15) so hopefully that will make streaming music easier.
But just so you know, you may not have this 'white plug' pre installed from the factory on all models?!

·
Registered
2007 C180 Sport
3 Posts
u may not have it pre fitted

My 07 C280 doesn't have that white plug at all .. I've gotten cable but no where to connect to I've reached and reached and moved everything no white plug my stereo says aux input .. Plz help tired of listening to cd's over and over
Appreciate this is a little old, but I also have a 2007 (c180) and mine did not have this plug pre fitted. some threads are saying that 2006 on may have missed out!
So you may not be going mad, it simply may just not be there. You may have to pull out the stereo and add one. there are cables available to do this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you have the part # for the 2007 c280 for the auv cable that plugs in
Hey did you ever figure this out? I have the same model of Benz and when we opened up the kick panel the receptacle that is supposed to be there isn't there...any other suggestions?*
Supposed to be a white box w/ 4 plugs- we found a white box with 2...

·
Registered
W203 C class c220 cdi 105kw saloon 2002
6 Posts
Hello guys, please I have w203 2002 pre facelift (old). C class and my radio is audio 10 becker. Please can I change this radio for audio 20,30 or command? Maybe better audio 20. I really need ( want) :), aux. Thank you I dont want any aftermarket shit. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
c230 coupe 2003 gear shifter

Hello everyone, am new here and i wanted to know about something, i have the C230 coupe 2003 (230.740) the w/s button was stuck so i opened it and cleaned it, but noticed under the letter were colored sticks even though the light of them while shifting the gear is always yellow.. Any one knows? i'll try to upload a photo

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great post man! I've been wondering around thinking how to get a aux cable on this car!!!

Would.this work on a 2005 c230 k coupe ?

Which is this part that you bought? Can I get it online?

Thanks,
Lau

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor
5 Posts
Should Be the Same

Great post man! I've been wondering around thinking how to get a aux cable on this car!!!

Would.this work on a 2005 c230 k coupe ?

Which is this part that you bought? Can I get it online?

Thanks,
Lau

I have the 05 C230K and mine was located on the passenger side panel. I bought my cable from ecstunning.com It's only 20 bucks and Genuine Mercedes part.

MB# 2034401808 ECS Catalog #ES#1728030

It's a very simple install. I didn't run it to the glove box b/c it just would look weird with the aux cord hanging out. I ran mine under the passenger seat then connected the aux cable and ran that around the center console to my driver side with just a few cable tabs to guide it.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Coupe 6 speed; 2015 E350 4Matic Sedan
105 Posts
For anyone else who has the jack break and needs to graft on a replacement jack using a three-conductor stereo 1/4" Jack....

Brown/unshielded = ground/-
Yellow = L+
Black = R+

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Coupe 6 speed; 2015 E350 4Matic Sedan
105 Posts
Hi,
I have E280 2007 Model, any idea is that cable compatable or not?

Thanks in advance
That looks identical. The question is do you have the wire going to the area behind the door under the glove compartment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installation of Aux. Input for 2005 W203

Supplies needed:
Part # A 210 440 50 05 64
Allen wrench (unsure of size used)
Small flat head screwdriver
Razor knife

Installation Time:
30 minutes

Difficulty:
Easy

This is a great alternative to the IPOD Integration kit available from Mercedes for $300+. Although this does not allow you to control your Ipod with the steering wheel controls, it does give you more options! The Aux. Input will allow you to connect any audio device with a 2.5 mm jack, so if you use another brand of MP3 player, you’re all set. This as also MUCH cheaper than the integration kit, I picked this part of from Mercedes-Benz of Orlando for $47 + tax. The dealer told me that this part will also work with several other models.

This is in NO WAY instructions from Mercedes Benz, The steps listed here are what worked for me, if you decide to try it, and mess something up, it’s not my fault!

All Steps are done on the passenger side of the car.

Step 1:
Remove the side trim from glove box. This trim snaps off.

Step 2:
Remove lower door trim, this trim snaps off, once the front 3 snaps have been removed, it is not necessary to remove any more. You don’t need to completely remove the trim!

Step 3:
Using the small flat head screwdriver, remove the bolt covering from the side trim. Then remove the bolt using the Allen wrench.

After removing the bolt, the trim is healed by snaps, it was a little tough to get off.

Step 4:
Once all the trim has been removed, you will see a track that contains all of the wires, this track snaps together at the top; simply unsnap it to expose all of the wires.

Step 5:
Near the front of the track (towards the front of the car) you will see the white harness plug. Just plug in your new part!

Step 6:
Once this is done redirect your attention to the side of the glove box, you will see a small round black plug that needs to be removed. Using your razor knife carefully cut it out of place. This is where you will position the jack for you new part.

Step 7:
Once you have plugged the jack into the hole, simply hide the rest of the wire in the track near the floor. Reassemble (in the reverse order that you unassembled) and you’re done!

Hold down the CDC button to activate Aux. input.

Hope this is helpful!!

Ray
Will this work for a 2007 Mercedes gl450 cause I don't have an auxiliary hookup and what do I need to get to hook one up thanks

361 - 376 of 376 Posts