Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W169 A180CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm Andrea from italy and my MB is an A-Class W169 180CDI.

I've an Audio 50 APS navigation system installed and i would like to connect my "Apple iPhone" to the navigation system: i've seen that the "AUX" menu in the system is enabled but i haven't found any AUX cable in the box of the passenger seat.

Could anyone tell me which is the correct AUX cable for my car and where i can find a detailed guide to know how is possible to umont the navigation system and how can i connect the aux cable?

thanks a lot

bye bye

PS: excuse me for my english language and also if i've opened anothe topic about the AUX cable.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
It should be a small audio jack at the left in the glove box (just and audio connector, not something you can put the iPod directly.

Pretty easy to install the cable if it does not exist in your car. If you can take the HU out, you could check the wiring.

·
Registered
W169 A180CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks: this evening i will check if the "audio jack" exist in the glove box.
If this doesn't exist, does anybody know how can i take out the "Audio 50 APS" ?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

·
Registered
W169 A180CDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've checked in my MB A-Class W169's glove box but i haven't found any "audio jack". I will have to buy an "AUX" cable. About this i've two questions:

1) Which is the AUX-cable fully compatible with Audio 50 APS? is the same of Audio 20/Audio 50, or is the same of Comand APS ? I've found someone that sell me a non-original cable but fully compatible. Or give me an internet site where i can buy the original AUX cable for my Audio 50 APS.
2) Can anybody help me to take out my Audio 50 APS and how to install the AUX cable?

Thanks to all

Bye

Andrea

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I've checked in my MB A-Class W169's glove box but i haven't found any "audio jack". I will have to buy an "AUX" cable. About this i've two questions:

1) Which is the AUX-cable fully compatible with Audio 50 APS? is the same of Audio 20/Audio 50, or is the same of Comand APS ? I've found someone that sell me a non-original cable but fully compatible. Or give me an internet site where i can buy the original AUX cable for my Audio 50 APS.
2) Can anybody help me to take out my Audio 50 APS and how to install the AUX cable?

Thanks to all

Bye

Andrea
A1695409032 would fit for Audio 50 APS with option code 511 + 809 (DVD changer) or 525 + 809.

A1695404908 is listed for Audio 50 APS with option code 525.

In order to be able to remove the HU, you would have to remove the cover around the heat control unit and remove the centre air outlet. Perhaps you would need a bit more details on both.

http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&sku=A1695404908&Search=Go&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&option=com_virtuemart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts